[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Moderators: Feedback & Suggestions, please :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Moderators: Feedback & Suggestions, please :)

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Moderators: Feedback & Suggestions, please :)

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:43 pm

Off the top of my head, but I think a moderator should try to keep their section on topic and spam free.

If a flame war should break out, they should not participate, but instead, be objective and cool the flames.

The moderator should also know when to throw in the towl and delete threads if the flames can't be quelched.

Hope that's what you were looking for :) - I'm sure I'll think of more later on.
theuniek1

Postby Karen » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:00 pm

I am a moderator on another forum and basically I clean up posts that are offensive more than anything. Sometimes when temper flares, posters seem to learn a whole new language of swear words. There have been times when I had to delete the whole post, but usually I only have to change the offensive word to something cute and silly.

Spam posts are also deleted (there is not advertising forum) so deletion is the only option.

And every now and then I have to remind people that being polite and respectful is always the best way to go. Every now and then someone arrives on the forum with nothing better to do than to be a brat. These people seem to thrive on annoying people, so they are promptly warned and banned if need be.

If you need help moderating, let me know and I will gladly help out.

Karen
Karen

Postby Major_Grooves » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:48 am

Major_Grooves

Postby RobS » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:29 pm

RobS

Return to Feedback & Suggestions