[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New Forum Look: Opinions, Suggestions? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New Forum Look: Opinions, Suggestions?

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:12 pm

My goal here was to bring the website and forum together with a similar look and feel. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the layout, color scheme... and of course any suggestions that you have!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi Lynn,

I really like these new colours except for two things:

1) Maybe it's just my monitor, or maybe it's even just me, but there is "something" about the blue colour that somehow "disturbs" me. I can't really pinpoint what it is.

2) The big blue border in the "Topic review" section when you post replies is rather big.
flensborg

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:32 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too... I'll see what I can do about it.

As for the blue background, it is the same on the main site - does it affect you the same there? Any suggestions?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ChristyK » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:42 pm

I love the tan forum background - very warm and much more welcoming than the all white forum background. I don't mind the blue page background, but I'd be curious to see if burgundy used in the title would be too harsh. Actually, now that I compare to the main page, I like the page background there a lot. Maybe they are the same but on my monitor the one on the main page has a darker, more matted look (maybe more gray in it). Great placement and colors for the adsense ads as well. They stand out a bit due to the darker tan of the whole cell but blend in as far as the colors of the ads themselves.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby giftsolution » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:18 pm

I absolutely love your new look.

The only thing I liked better before was that the forum went accross my entire screen (was it liquid design, or 100% width?).
giftsolution
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:20 pm

Great suggestions so far - Thank you!

Are the changes better?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:23 pm

flensborg

Postby ChristyK » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Much better with it filling the screen. I couldn't decide if I liked the smaller width or not, but now that it's big again, it's definitely better. :)

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby Lois » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:46 am

I like the way your banner fills the entire space on the main page. The forum page banner doesn't do that. I do like the color combination, although the blue is just a tad bright (both places). It tends to draw my eyes to the blue background instead of to the forum where they should go. If you softened it up a bit, I think that would help.

It's looking good, though.
Lois

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:47 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby StephenR. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:58 am

StephenR.

Postby americanwahm » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:50 pm

I like it! :) I love it when a forum takes on it's own flavor and you've done a great job with that Lynn.
americanwahm
Elite Member

Side to side scrolling drives me nuts...

Postby deniseoberry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Hi Lynn --

The forum looks great. The colors are warm and welcoming. I have a personal pet peeve about having to scroll side to side on any site and that's what I have to do on the forum. Based on a recent survey on one of my online lists (by someone else!), I'm not the only one with that pet peeve.

Keep up the great work!

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry
Small Business Expert
http://www.deniseoberry.com
deniseoberry

Postby Sandra » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:53 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Re: Side to side scrolling drives me nuts...

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:54 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feedback & Suggestions