[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Lynn's Newsletter • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Lynn's Newsletter

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Lynn's Newsletter

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:57 pm

Hi Lynn!

Just wanted to say I LOVED your last newsletter! You included so much valuable information that anyone who read it and does NOT make thousands in Christmas cash has only him/herself to blame!

This is the kind of content that makes your newsletter a truly valuable tool for us all. I get so many that are nothing but sales pitches!

You rock! :D
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:11 pm

Thank you, Bonnie :D

And, um... can I quote you on that? ;)

This was a fun issue for me - and I actually hesitated to send it out because it ended up so LONG... but once I sat down to write, it just really flowed. I do hope that it motivates everyone to really dig in and make the most of this high-sales season... there really is nothing standing in the way with all of the great tools, options & info out there right now!

I have my own personal projects under way - including both websites (SEO) and pay-per-click campaigns... preparing for a good year!!

Again, I really appreciate your comments. Feedback like yours really makes my day ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:57 pm

You know what Gary Halbert says about sales letter copy... "It can never be too long, only too boring." I think the same applies to newsletters. And yours was definitely NOT boring!

As I was reading it (unable to see the length on my puny little screen here at work), I kept thinking to myself, "Wow, I expected her to end with that last paragraph... but she keeps going and going... this is fantastic stuff she's telling us!"

The key is to not only appreciate what you said, but to put it into ACTION. I'm planning to find some holiday-related products and pitch them with Google PPC campaigns... one at a time, as you suggest. (No time to do the website thing.)

I better get busy, huh? The holidays are coming up way too fast and there just aren't enough hours in the day (especially when a silly job takes up most of those hours)!

Thanks again for the informative--and inspiring--words!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:55 pm

LOL- I could talk on this topic all day ;) (Affiliate Marketing & Passive Income)

Keep us posted on how your Campaigns go - wishing you much success!!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shelwriter » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:45 pm

shelwriter

Postby ChristyK » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 pm

I agree.. LOVED the newsletter. Now I'm also curious about the little detail of your son writing the content. :shock: People complain about coming up with content and you have your teenager helping. :) Care to expand on that detail?

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

content

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:03 am

Yes Lynn, I too would love to know how your son could write so much content so quickly!!
Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Yep

Postby geepgeep » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am

geepgeep
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:13 am

Thanks everyone - and Robert, welcome to the forum! :D

The pages that my son was working on were product-based, so the information was copy & paste for the most part. He has also worked on other pages, such as articles or archives that were also copy&paste with a bit of general formatting. Next, I will be teaching him the power of content syndication - both in finding (good) content and adding it to current sites... and in syndicating content we already have.

Basically, if I show him the steps, he can take over and repeat them until the project is done. He's been a big help so far in moving content over to my new template for SSWT! ;)

As for having a hard time coming up with content... honestly, there is so much out there that is free to use - it seem like an endless supply! Also, I do enjoy writing (obviously lol), so I have tons of things already that I can turn into content. I also have a list here on my desk of topics I'd like to touch on - every time I think of one, I just jot it down on something... so there's never a shortage of anything to write about!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby BrightIdeas » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:37 am

BrightIdeas

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:21 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Feedback & Suggestions