[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Newsletter Feedback I Received • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Newsletter Feedback I Received

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Newsletter Feedback I Received

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:26 am

I received some constructive feedback on the SSWT Newsletter recently, and I would like to hear some more thoughts & opinions... as well as suggestions.

Bonnie suggested that my formatting made the newsletter very difficult to read - actually the lack of formatting. Now I would like to stick with plain text, and I believe she is suggesting that I stick to only 60 characters per line and use more separators that make the content easier to read and also to scan.

Would you agree? What are your thoughts? Does anyone have a good text editor, or perhaps templates/styles, to recommend?

Thanks! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby itay » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:14 am

well, plain text is very simple in many ways:

1) For you to make it.
2) For you to send it.
3) Our Spam filters are not blocking it.
4) Easy to get them - small kb emails

In my newsletter I use plain text. You can look at the last issue and you can use the template if it ok for you.

Have a great weekend!

Itay
itay

Postby americanwahm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:40 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby gary_the_ace » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:30 pm

gary_the_ace

Postby netadventures » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:40 pm

Lynn,

I actually have Eudora set to not display HTML at all - I much prefer text formatting. I like Gary's idea (I mean, John's idea?) too - if you put up a PDF file, it would be nice for printing the ones I want to save.

Your newsletter shows up fine on Eudora. Shorter would be okay, too, if it means everyone else can read it easily. I dislike getting newsletters where each line runs over to the next line so there are funny gaps everywhere, but recently I've been getting *super short widths* in some newsletters, and I think they look so funny (the width is about two inches, or 20 characters or so?)
netadventures

Return to Feedback & Suggestions