[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Gary Halbert... thoughts? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Gary Halbert... thoughts?

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Gary Halbert... thoughts?

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:09 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:17 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:55 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:09 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby robert adams » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:16 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Gary Halbert

Postby boxxies » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:58 pm

Hi Lynn,

Personaly, I dislike his rude writing
and I am no "prude".

But I have to admit that he is pretty smart
but he is also too conceited for my taste.

Just my 2 cents.

marie
boxxies

Postby R Hagel » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:26 pm

This is the sort of guy who can sell $5000 a seat (or more!) seminars based on his reputation alone.

If I was going to go to his seminar, I wouldn't even bother reading his sales letter. Seriously, I wouldn't care what it says, just because his name and reputation precedes him.

If I remember correctly, KISS is selling concert tickets for something like $1000 right now. I even saw that Mike Van Norden (PR guy) bought one. I doubt that people who buy $1000 KISS tickets spend too much time pouring over the sales letter...many of them probably had their minds made up before they read the letter.

Or let's take a look at someone who buys a Ferarri. You know this person isn't comparing every vehicle in its class to see which gives a "better deal." The person probably already knew she was going to buy a Ferrari long before she actually did.

And so this sales letter that perhaps sounds conceited, or expensive, or bashing...it isn't written for those who think that. You're not the target market. :D Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Rebecca "Becky" Hagel :twisted:
R Hagel

Postby americanwahm » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:11 pm

Yep... the guy writes a letter that noone but those who are out of his league will read? LOL! I get it!

:) Kelly
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby karadawn » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:07 pm

I found the letter ammusing........I liked that he didn't care what people thought of the language or how he was bashing others in business (if we did that, it would hurt OUR business most likely). Sometimes the ones that stand up and tell the truth - the real truth - are worth listening to.

If money wasn't an issue, yeah I'd go. He put a lot of thought into that letter, so I believe him when he says he knows his stuff. ;) (Personally I've never heard of him, but a few of the names he was bashing I knew and don't care for their practices).

I honestly didn't see the hype in the pitch. I mean yes it was there, but it was detailed. Like instead of just saying "I'll show you how to bring millions of visitors to your site per day", he says "How to get and use the exact tools you need to track your traffic and, more importantly, to understand your converson rate!" . That to me makes a difference, because you have an idea of WHAT you will be learning from this seminar.

Gees I'd have to take out a loan to attend LOL. Deffinatly not for beginers, that's for sure.
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:02 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ldylion214 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:30 pm

I am new to Gary Halbert. What a fascinating person.
ldylion214

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews