[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - GoDaddy Hosting Review • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

GoDaddy Hosting Review

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

GoDaddy Hosting Review

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:14 pm

GoDaddy Hosting

I have never in my life been so disgusted or frustrated :x

No documentation in the confirmation email (thank you for ordering. here's your login info). Nothing on the website once you log in (after you've waded through window after window after window for half a day). And the support team? Thats a laugh.

I've registered domains through GoDaddy for years - and never had a single problem. Their support team has always been great to work with, too. But their hosting package is THE PITS.

I have a client that chose to go with the hosting package (against my recommendation) and I have been pulling my hair out trying to get his site live from day one. Someone who has been doing this for almost 8 years shouldnt have a single problem finding FTP access details, and then logging in. I felt like a complete idiot - finally called tech support, and all they could do was submit a ticket to the "higher ups" :roll:

So apparently it wasnt me after all :? The domain name never resolved, and the files dont show up under the IP address (at least not the one he gave me over the phone).

If you are hosting with GoDaddy and found it super simple and never had a single problem, feel free to post and make me feel like a heel :oops:

But in the meantime, I'm just blowing off steam :x
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby All Blog News » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:34 pm

Lynn:

For what it's worth, I've heard those same horror stories about GoDaddy hosting. You've got 8 years experience, and got frustrated! Can you imagine a novice attempting to try to figure out that mess? GoDaddy hosting is nothing short of criminal! :twisted:

Clinton
All Blog News

Postby americanwahm » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:29 am

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:04 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Hosting... DoDaddy?????

Postby Liz Tomey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:51 pm

:shock: I am totally shocked! I have dealt with GoDaddy for several years. I use almost all of their services and have had NO problems at all... However... I've never used their hosting... *making mental not NOT to*

My host does not have an affiliate program so this is not an affiliate link...
http://www.httpme.com Lynn, I would NEVER recommend a host to anyone unless I truly believed in them. I've been with these guys for over 3 years now. All 60 some odd sites I have are hosted with them and 9 out of 10 of my client's sites are hosted with them. There rates are AWESOME, and they actually offer TRUE multiple domain name hosting.

They ROCK!

Check them out....

Liz
Liz Tomey

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:20 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Get a reseller account

Postby Warren Contreras » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:50 am

Lynn,

Why on earth don't you just get a reseller account and do your own hosting?

You don't need very many at all to make it worth while just for convienence sake alone. I have one reseller account I have had for years that costs $10 a month for 10 accounts.

Also, I NEVER have my domain registration and hosting at the same company, NEVER EVER and I speak from experience.

Cheers,
Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:14 am

I dont either, Warren - but you cant convince *everyone* to go with separate companies, no matter how persuasive you may be ;)

As for reselling hosting accounts, I did that years ago, and for several years. It was the first thing I got out of when I began changing my business model. I switched to setting them up through my affiliate account, where I earned recurring commission each month - and actually earned more that way without ever having to touch billing & support *grin*.

It was a great way to cut out some of my work hours, without affecting my income - and actually increasing my income in the long run.

Like I said earlier, I rarely take on new clients at all anymore. This particular person is someone that I've been working with for years, on a number of projects. I imagine that I will phase my services out completely by the end of 2005....
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Angel Cortez » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Lynn or Warren,

Why is it not a good idea to have domain registration and hosting with the same company?......which is what I was about to do.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Angel Cortez

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Why it's bad

Postby Warren Contreras » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:26 pm

Warren Contreras

Postby Angel Cortez » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 am

Angel Cortez

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 pm

GoDaddy

480-505-8877
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby wahmcafe » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:42 am

I haven't posted here in a while so hi to old members and hi to new ones! :)

Anyway, my husband and I host our 2 sites with GoDaddy. I am not a technical person so I can't explain the technical side of the problems we experienced but what was happening last month or so is that my site would work the whole night and would be down the whole day.

Now, for the last 4 days, both of our sites have been shut down (the server has been shut down) and have been sent for a review to the legal department?! My husband has been trying to get in touch with a live person 2 days now but no success.

I have no idea what is going on and what would cause this. I have a parenting forum and he has a Celtic music website. We analyze the possible reasons and have come up with nothing. My site is for parents and there has been nothing offensive there, I think. Plus, the site is in Serbian. His site is for his podcast and he features musicians there with their permission.
Sorry for venting. I am so frustrated! :(
We decided to change the host as soon as this is resolved. We also bought our domains through GoDaddy.

:twisted:
wahmcafe

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews