[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The products I use every day in my online business... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The products I use every day in my online business...

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby ChristyK » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:05 am

Sorry, Abbey. I forgot about IGETNET. It told you when installing that it would be put in also. I just figured I'd remove it afterwards. If you just go to Corkboard.com, it looks like someone might be designing something similar, so I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:08 pm

My Basics ...

MS Office 2000 Pro - Word, FP, Publisher, Access (never figured out Excel and don't use Power Point or Outlook)

Dreamweaver 2 - Yeah, I know it's an oldie but I got it for $15 at an OfficeMax clearance and it puts out much cleaner code than Frontpage. Now if only I can "refine" my web design skills :roll:

- Text editing

- Email client

- Email filtering. Unfortunately, at this time, is for Eudora only.

- Image editing software

- File uploading/downloading

- Website Hosting - Dependable, ebusiness friendly and GREAT Customer Support (but I've rarely had to use it)

- List Management/Autoresponder software

To A Prosperous 2004!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby stephfoster » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:44 pm

stephfoster

Postby fast-pack.com » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:00 pm

fast-pack.com

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:57 pm

I hate it when that happens

Postby Warren Contreras » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:58 pm

Warren Contreras

Postby Abbey » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:57 pm

Abbey

Postby robert adams » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:02 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Abbey » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:07 pm

Thanks for the input robert

I am familiar with notepads advantage vs a word processing program - b/c of the extra bloating a wp program does with formatting.

I just find certain things about Notepad annoying - like if you want to close out a document you are working on, there is no 'close' option, you either open another one on top of it or you have to hit the X button at the top of the frame and then it closes out notepad altogether.

Then you have to reopen it, to work on something else. Also, you can't toggle back and forth on two different documents as you could with Word. Frustrating for copying and pasting similiar items in different documents.

Hey, I have a question on the coding you provided - what is the [pre] for? Is that a 'certain/specific' type of formatting?

Abbey
Abbey

Postby robert adams » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:25 pm

Abbey, I agree that notepad is lacking a lot of things, I personally use EditPad, it does all those things you mentioned and more.

the "pre" tag stands for pre-format. If you create your text with tabs, paragraphs, etc. in a text editor and then copy and paste into html between "pre" and "/pre" tags (replacing the quotes with< and>), it should retain the basic formatting that you applied to it. Without the pre tags it would lose whatever formatting you gave it.
Is that clear, sometimes I feel like I don't explain things very well.

luck and joy,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Abbey » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:11 pm

Ahhh - the mystery is solved!

Thanks Robert - crystal clear

you explain things very well, by the way!

and thanks for the tip on Editpad - will look for that to download this weekend.

Abbey
Abbey

Postby robert adams » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:03 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Abbey » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Abbey

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:02 am

Hi Abbey,

I, too, use EditPadLite. Lots of flexibility even in the Free trial version. I believe you'll find it will do what you need.

GO USC!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby Abbey » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:04 pm

Abbey

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews