[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Frustrated with BANS • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Frustrated with BANS

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Frustrated with BANS

Postby caraex » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:07 pm

caraex
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Caraex,

I assume you havent done FTP before? I havent used the CuteFTP program myself since I already use Total Commander, so I am not familiar with the problem you mentioned. I'm betting its pretty easy to get past though - and I'm hoping someone here will know the quick & easy answer for you on that.

If not, I'll download it and walk through it so I can walk you through it.

I'm glad to hear its not BANS you're frustrated with, but just the FTP step. I have a feeling you'll LOVE the program once you get this step behind you ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Frustrated with BANS FTP

Postby caraex » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:22 am

Dear Lynn,

Thanks for your reply - you are right - I've never used FTP before and that is the only thing that has been frustrating with BANS so far.

I hope I did not come across as being unhappy with BANS - I'm not - just unhappy with my ineptitude!

I have to be gone most of the day, but I may take you up on your offer later if no one else offers a solution.

Thanks again!

caraex
caraex
Elite Member

Postby carlsbadd » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 pm

Firezilla is a free program.
I use cuteFTP because it is very user friendly, Did you purchase a copy of cuteftp or are you using a free download?

While I consider myself a newbie maybe BANS can be a bit much.

FTP is pretty easy, it's just like transferring a file from say"my documents" to another file.

What host are you using for your websites?
carlsbadd

Frustration with BA FTP

Postby caraex » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:55 pm

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the free copy of Cute FTP. Never could get a Connection Wizard - all it did was "maintenance"

My host is Hostgator.

caraex
caraex
Elite Member

Frustartion with BANS FTP

Postby caraex » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Lynn,

It's beginning to look like I will have to impose on you for help in walking me thru the FTP part. Whenever you have some time I would appreciate your help.

caraex
caraex
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:58 pm

Okay, I assume you downloaded the program from within the manual, at cuteftp.com? I am walking through the process with you, and went to the site, then clicked: Downloads > Evaluation Software. I chose this link to download CuteFTP Home:

http://www.cuteftp.com/downloads/cuteftp.aspx

I chose the default one (English/Windows), put in my email address, and clicked submit. I clicked the Download Now link on that next page.

Is that what you did?

Once I installed it and opened it, I got a Welcome message. I chose "continue" (instead of Enter Serial Number). Then it went straight to the connection wizard.

Try to cancel out of "maintenance" (not sure what that is you're seeing?) and go to File > Connect > Connection Wizard.

If you have to, uninstall the one you downloaded and start over. Maybe you got the wrong one??
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

BANS Installation

Postby caraex » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks Lynn,

The link you provided took me to a different page which I think may work. I have been gone all day and just got back online but am too tired to work with it tonight so will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

caraex
caraex
Elite Member

Postby ChristyK » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:48 pm

I'm sure Lynn will be able to get you going with cuteFTP, but in case it's helpful... I've uploaded the ftp video portion of Static Blogging to a publicly accessible place. The video shows you how to download and use Filezilla. For some reason the visual part of the intro did not upload correctly, but it's too late in the evening to be messing with it right now lol. The visual comes on when the instructions begin. http://staticblogging.com/ftp

Let me know if you don't need or done viewing and then I'll remove.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Frustration with BANS FTP

Postby caraex » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 am

caraex
Elite Member

Postby ChristyK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:36 am

ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 pm

Lynn Terry