[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Project Payday? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Project Payday?

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Project Payday?

Postby expatana » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 pm

expatana

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 pm

I have not bought into it, but the way I believe it works is you sign up for credit card offers and things that pay you an incentive just for signing up. But you have no intention of keeping whatever you signed up for and as soon as you get the money, you cancel out.

I doesn't seem real ethical to me and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

About Project Payday

Postby markpaulquinn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 am

A couple things.

Typically the advertisers are good about monitoring their sources of traffic and which have unusually retention rates, so even if a certain percentage of people doing the deals intend to cancel Project Payday has been going long enough that apparently this isn't a big issue.

Also, the forum that ProjectPayday sponsors suggests people don't sign up for offers they don't want - at

However, you have to be really careful about reading the Terms of Service to make sure there's no "hidden negative option" clauses where you could possibly end up with surprise charges.

With the mainstream advertisers that isn't typically something you have to worry about - you tend to run into it more on the work at home type offers.
markpaulquinn

Project Payday

Postby LauraMomof4 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 am

There are plenty of people over at the Free Lunchroom and using the ideas from Project Payday who are making money. From my experience I think this is an honest and legitimate program, although not for everyone, but what is?? :) When I signed up there was an option to not have to purchase the program but to complete an offer and get it that way. They give you a lot of bonuses, including a membership at Survey Scout, which has generally good reviews if you look this up, and by itself if purchased is at least $25.

They offer a $100 guarantee if you follow all their directions within the first 24 hours and do not make money. I actually did not....they say it is impossible but I think it is more like highly unlikely that you will not. I provided documentation of what I did and they did honor their guarantee, and they got back with me within a couple hours as well.

So there are real people there, with real support, and I think they do care about their customers. Just my two cents! I'm new here but thought I would comment on this one since I have used this program.
LauraMomof4

Postby expatana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:56 pm

LauraMomo, why didn't you stay with them? I did buy into them and have yet to use them. I was afraid of using my own (much used) credit cards to sign up for all these offers, and then not being able to cancel out. I've been hearing it's getting harder to cancel offers.

Obviously, Project Payday has to say you need to keep offers, but who really wants to? No one would ever make a dime. We got in it to make money, not spend it.

I'd like to start it, but I'm afraid. Who else got into it and can comment?

Ana
expatana

Postby LauraMomof4 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 am

LauraMomof4

Postby majapahit7 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:19 pm

I bought that program,and it works.The problem is that you have to take note on every purchase of a trial period.Do not exceed the dates,as your credit card will be charged.You have to cancel on time. If you are good on organizing things you will earn money as they say.
All the best!
majapahit7

Buyer Beware with Project PayDay

Postby Martha D. » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:27 pm

This program does seem to work well for some but I did not have such good results. There are more pitfalls that you know when starting. For one thing, you soon run out of offers to accept since most are the same offers thru different companies or links. Keeping track of all the terms and conditions can get more than a little burdensome. I had a few payments that were reversed stating that the process didn't complete properly even though I had been charged. They can ban you for this or for completing one offer more than once - which they told me I did even though I hadn't. And, if you get "banned" from one you can be automatically banned from several of the companies. I sent so many emails and had "records" to show they were wrong but it didn't do any good. It's at thier discretion to correct and you're limited in who to contact and how.
If you dicide to go with this anyway, as I said, some seem to be able to get passed all the pitfalls, be sure you have a totally separate bank account and separate credit card to use. Keep only a minimum amont in your bank account and a low maximum on your credit card. Many will not accept a "Pre-paid" card since they know they won't be able to implement recurring charges. And, if you receive anything - on trial - you have to pay to return it. Additionally, your trial period begins the day you order, regardless of when you receive it. I had a trial period of 10 days on one item and never received it until the 8th day after ordering!!!!
As I said, "Buyer Beware" definitely applies here!
Martha D.

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews