[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - HELP for Anti virus program • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

HELP for Anti virus program

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

HELP for Anti virus program

Postby boxxies » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:56 am

boxxies

Postby Andre Chaperon » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:26 am

Hey Marie,

I myself have been using for years and love it :D
If you head over to , you'll find a whole bunch of Freeware, Shareware, and Commercial virus scanners.

All the best!
Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Hey Andre

Postby boxxies » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:38 pm

boxxies

About Tucows

Postby boxxies » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 pm

boxxies

Postby Andre Chaperon » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:08 pm

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Re: HELP for Anti virus program

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:05 am

Postby Joseph_Asante » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Unfortunately, AVG is FREE, because it really can't compete with the best.

The best is and it is used by the likes of Microsoft, Canon and Dell.

It holds the world record for virus protection and there is a FREE 30-day trial available.

It is also the fastest and least memory-intensive anti-virus program around.

You only know it is there, when you tell it to do something.

Believe me, at first, you will be checking to make sure that it is actually running.

It is that unobtrusive.

It has been around for a while, but was used mainly by techies, so that is why it is not very well-known on the street.

In Anti-Virus circles it is known as the king.

So, forget Norton, McAfee and the rest, because is the best!
Joseph_Asante

Postby Tim_Myth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:07 am

Hmm. I do work in the Microsoft offices in my area on occasion, and they used McAfee. I also know that Sprint, Nextel, UPS, and Qwest use McAfee.

I personally hate McAfee and recommend AVG myself. I even go so far as to remove McAfee from all my work PCs and install AVG, and when Sober32 borke out in our network, AVG caught every nasty email sent to me. The machines with McAfee did not fair so well (although in their defense they were using an outdated definition file). Also, I have had broadband for 6 or 7 years now, and I leave all my PCs on 24/7. I have never been infected with a virus. Of course, I'm not dumb enough to open every attachment that comes my way, and I don't surf free **** sites (or paid ones for that matter) so I'm not in as high a risk category as the stereotypical end user.

The real truth is that no antivirus will keep you 100% protected since not all viruses are known about. AVG has daily automated updates, so you can be sure you're relatively safe against all known threats however, and it is 100% free without any nag screens. It's not a resource hog like some others, and it is completely simple to install. I won't say it's the best, but I certainly prefer it.
Tim_Myth

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 am

Hi Marie,

I use and highly recommend too. After trying many anti-virus programs - including Norton and McAfee, I discovered NOD32. Now I really like it!
Ladan Lashkari

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews