This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hub Pages?

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

Hub Pages?

Postby karynsolo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Has anyone here used hub pages? is it worth setting up some pages there?
karynsolo

Postby johndilbeck » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:21 pm

I have one hub page and it brings me some traffic, but I'd rather put my efforts into my websites, blogs, and Squidoo pages.

I don't have anything against HubPages, I just don't have time to do everything I want to do.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby createfreedom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi,

I have used Hubpages a couple of times and it has brought me some traffic. I think Hubpages are great but if you want to draw massive traffic to your site I would recommend using Myspace, traffic exchanges, twitter, etc. I have had much success with Myspace.
Just my opinion. :wink:
createfreedom

Re: Hub Pages?

Postby takeoverpageone » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:28 am

karynsolo wrote:Has anyone here used hub pages? is it worth setting up some pages there?

Hi,

Most certainly it's worth setting up.

Hubpages are very fast to rank in google, and unlike squidoo their tag pages rank really well.

Hubpages seem to be getting their act together because I just read they are now offering a poll module like squidoo.

Overall I find squidoo ranks better for me, but hubpages is right up there as well.

Be sure you take the time to put up some decent content, I've had hubpages disabled because of two many links to another page in the past (only 4 links total).

However they allow me to edit the site and remove a link (I also added a video) and they approved it.

So yes go for it, and I'd also recommend you use squidoo.

Cheers

Tim
takeoverpageone

Postby annalaurabrown » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am

I personally have had better success with Squidoo but Hubpages is worth trying as well.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Ron Killian » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:34 pm

I have yet to see much traffic from hubpages. Maybe it's my content or the fact that I need more pages. I mainly used them for seo myself, never was about traffic.
Ron Killian

Postby AlexNewell » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:45 pm

All the quality webspace you can occupy is worth grabbing. Hub is not like FaceBook or whatever it is not a time suck

But you must be careful - they are not tolerant of marketers.

My first hub was disallowed because it had 2 links on it and my RSS feed.

So I spent 2 seconds the following day and removed the second link and the feed.

BINGO - allowed.

So pop an article in tehre with a carefully thought out title. It is just like putting an article in an article directory really. Yes it is worth doing but don't spend much time on it

All The Best
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby roselee » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 am

I Created Hub Pages that helps me lot in traffic Purpose.
roselee

Postby flimsy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

I would prefer to go with squidoo as it's giving do-follow linkback. Hubpages is also giving do-follow links but it's little bit difficult to remain link do-follow.
flimsy

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm

I would probably mix it up a bit and do a few Hubpages, a few Squidoo lenses, and there are other similar networks out there. They all give you links back to your own site, so take advantage of that and use a little bit of everything!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media