[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Tips on Squidoo • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Tips on Squidoo

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

Tips on Squidoo

Postby lilika » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 am

lilika

Postby johndilbeck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:00 am

johndilbeck

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 am

Squidoo is becoming quite addictive to me. I am trying to create 50 quality lenses to become a Giant Squid!

I am working on a lens now with resources for those building Squidoo lens:

http://www.squidoo.com/squidoo-resources-to-make-money
MommyEnterprises

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:29 am

MommyEnterprises

Thanks for letting me know about my sig

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:42 am

johndilbeck

Postby johndilbeck » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:32 am

This is just a short note to say that I have reopened the Squidoo Marketing Community and there should be no further problems with their terms of service.

If you are a Squidoo lensmaster, I hope you'll come and promote your lenses and share your knowledge and insights about marketing with Squidoo.

Hopefully the link in my Sig is working, again, now.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby redspace » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 am

redspace

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 am

Hi Redspace,

Thanks for the link to Squidtop.com - that's one I hadn't see yet.

Thanks for the kind words about our Squidoo Marketing community. Yes, it's growing nicely.

You're always welcome to come and join us, if you're interested in marketing and Squidoo.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

I like SquidTop

Postby johndilbeck » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:27 am

I started a blog at http://johndilbeck.squidtop.com and I'm enjoying what I can do there.

The folks at SquidTop are building a nice community of lensmasters who are talking about Squidoo and topics related to building lenses and making more money.

One of the nice features is a listing of the most-recently-updated blogs on the system. This makes it easy to see what others are writing about and it's a good way to get comments on your own posts.

Not everything on those blogs is about Squidoo, but the majority of the content is.

Your comments are welcome on

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Sqidoo lens

Postby Ian_smith » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Squidoo is a social networking site. If you’re familiar with MySpace, imagine it without the rowdy teenagers running amok. It’s a focal point for your interests, pursuits, charitable work, pet peeves or whatever else you imagine. Each member can have as many focal points as one wishes, called lenses. Think of it as the best of a blog, a Web site, an About Me page and a Search Results page, all rolled into one and crafted by YOU.
-----------------
Ian_smith

Ian_smith

Postby AffiliateRetired » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:57 am

All networking women are Welcome to submit their Squidoo lenses to my Squidoo Networking Women Grop.

We have now 188 lenses in group ranking on top Gooogle page for Networking Woman , Women..

Your lense will be displayed too !

You can see the group lenses here

If not using Squidoo yet, you can make a lense for this group!

AffiliateRetired

Postby cherie27 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:29 pm

cherie27

Postby annalaurabrown » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 am

I am a giant squid and squidoo is great, but you do have to spend quite a bit of time on it. Here are 7 tips to promote your blog with squidoo.

Add a RSS module with the RSS feed of your blog to each Squidoo lens you create. This will allow each of your Squidoo visitors to view your three most recent post titles along with an exerpt of your blog post. They can also click on any of these titles and go directly to your blog.

Include a link to your blog in your Squidoo profile. As long as your lenses are well laid out, well written and contain useful and interesting information many people will also read your Squidoo profile and if you have included a link to your blog link then they will be able to find it there and may choose to visit it.

Take one of your more popular blog posts and copy it into a text module. At the end of the module include a link to your blog.

Record a video of your blog or a few of the more popular posts and then post the video on your Squidoo lens. This will double as a promotion of your blog on youtube or whatever video sites where you have posted your video.

Include links to relevant posts on your blog with the text portions of your Squidoo lenses. Contextualize them so that your visitors will be more likely to visit them and to subscribe to your feed.

Include a link to your feedburner account or RSS reed reader for your blog on your Squidoo lenses. This will encourage your readers to check out your blog and to consider subscribing.

Add a Google blogs module to your lens and use a search term for which you have posts in Google. This will cause a link to your blog from Google to appear on your lens and give your blog more credibility as well as to provide your readers with yet another way to visit your blog.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Kurt Henninger » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Squidoo should be treated just like any other website. It needs to be promoted and optimized just like another site to get the SEO benefits of having a site.
Kurt Henninger

Postby Kieth » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 am

I'm assuming your Squidoo lens is your primary presence on the Web (as opposed to a website, blog, etc.) and you want your traffic to go there specifically.

That being the case, it's good to generate inbound links by posting comments on related forums, blogs and other social sites - but make sure you post comments of value, otherwise you might get labeled as a spammer and banned. Include a link to your Lens with your signature, or as "natural" part of the text if it's allowed.

Also, write articles related to your Lens topic and post them on some of the major article sites: ezinearticles, goarticles and similar sites. Pick the sites that rank highly in the search engines, and post there. You generally get better results when you submit to a few sites regularly, rather than submitting to a lot of sites all at once.

The articles don't have to be long - 500 to 1000 words is often enough - but they should be of good quality otherwise they might be rejected. Again, include a link to your Lens in your author bio, or in the article text if the site allows it.

And keep updating your Lens with new content regularly. The search engines love that. Squidoo Lenses already do well in the rankings, and the ones that are consistently updated do the best.

As far as making your Lens look better, I'm not sure how much flexibility there is. I haven't experimented with my own Lenses much yet, but I use them more as tools to promote my blog and website so I haven't spent that much time on them.

I see you've already added some pictures to your Lens, and that's good - they add some visual appeal. As far as altering formatting and moving things around goes, you can do some things from your dashboard but it's still a fairly simple interface. I think it's designed to be more user-friendly than high-powered.

The truth is, you don't want your Lens to look too flashy anyway. Many readers are put off by too much "e-bling", and will click away because it annoys them. Sometimes simpler is better.
Kieth

Next

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media