[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Using Website Templates • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Using Website Templates

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Using Website Templates

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:00 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me if using a template such as the ones by Basic Templates allows someone to use google adsense on all pages of the website?

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby scott » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:26 pm

Hi Andrea,

I would think the answer is yes. The code you get from Google can simply be copied and pasted into the HTML of the page. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I hope that answers your question.

Best of Luck!

Scott
scott

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:32 pm

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I wonder if you can tell me if it's only the first page that the web templates are for?

I am looking for advice on how to present a site that would be selling different ebooks. I don't know any html and can't afford a web designer?

Can you please reply?

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby scott » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:40 pm

Andrea,

I'm not quite sure because I've only looked at template briefly. But I'd imagine it's one template that you can then use for all your pages. so you'd use the same template for your main page and any subpages you create.

Just open the template and do a file- "save as" give it a file name (for your main page, name itindex.htm or index.html). Then repeat the process for each page you need to create.

To get the hang of it, I'd do some digging around for free templates and start there. Once you have your confidence up, you can then purchase one or make your own!

Scott
scott

Postby Andrea21 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:43 pm

Hi,

Thank you again for replying with the advice.

Regards

Andrea
Andrea21

Postby scott » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:50 pm

No problem,

If you have any questions, this is the place to get them answered!

I'll see you on the boards!!

Scott
scott

Re: Templates

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Website Templates

Postby CreativeWealth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 am

Hi,

I personally think the route to go is using a Template Service coupled with using Front Page 2002-2003.

Crystalgraphics.com has a nice selection and they are easy to use.
I just made the MISTAKE of trying to have someone professionally buid one of my sites and about half way through, I discovered these templates and thought to myself, I am getting ripped off, I'd better stop the bleeding and do it myself.

Plus, when you use Front Page 2003, you can do your own updates. This guy wanted to charge me $250.00 for hosting for one year! I get my hosting accounts for $40.00 per year for almost 400 megs!

All the best!
Brian S. Tinsley
CreativeWealth

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming