[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Mini site question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Mini site question

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Mini site question

Postby zak5ive » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:02 pm

Hiya

Ok, my first question (and post!) from a newbie.

I have my sales page, I have my thank you page and I have zipped my product to make it easier to download. When someone buys an email will fly to them and tell them where to download from. My question is, if they (sales letter, thank you and product) are all sharing the same web space what is to stop someone taking the product without buying?

OR

How do i protect my product from thieves?

I told you I was a newbie :D
zak5ive

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:24 pm

There are many ways to accomplish this.
Using an online shopping cart will be the easiest solution for you.
Google "shopping cart with downloadable protection" something like that..
Usually they will let you store important files in your root directory of the web server instead of public_html folder.
MarketingSyndrome

Postby networkmom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:55 am

I use payloadz.com this I believe will prevent this from happening.

Denise
networkmom

Postby theuniek1 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:58 pm

theuniek1

Postby Steve MacLellan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:59 pm

Steve MacLellan

Postby avrr » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:26 am

You have to passwod protect your products:

cgi:
http://www.hotscripts.com/CGI_and_Perl/ ... index.html

PHP:
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_a ... index.html

these are scripts you have to install on your website. If you have little bit of knowledge about your webserver paths, you can do it by yourself or if you buy any script the authors will do for a fee or free.
avrr

Postby kidino » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:58 am

kidino
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming