[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is the best html editor to use? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is the best html editor to use?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What is the best html editor to use?

Postby tink146 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:24 pm

tink146

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:57 am

Well, most of the stuff you're looking to do isn't created with HTML, it's created with graphics programs.

There are a number of different graphics programs to choose from ranging from Adobe Photoshop to Gimp to Macromedia Freehand (and Flash) and Fireworks.

Personally, I use a combination of:
Photoshop
Flash (when necessary)
Illustrator
Dreamweaver

But this will vary depending on the size and scope of your projects. If you're not planning to start a hard core development venture, most of that stuff would be overkill and you can get away with the free stuff like and with a bit of creativity thrown in...
theuniek1

Postby tink146 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Thanks for the info.
tink146

Postby jbbrwcky » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:40 am

Hi,

I am a professional web designer by trade and I use Dreamweaver MX, and have for several years now. It is by FAR the best HTML editor to use. Easy, simple, and informative, well laid out, and there is a lot of support for it.

Jbbrwcky
jbbrwcky

Postby avrr » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:02 pm

I am not a web designer. So i use these simple ones:

http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
http://www.sothink.com/htmleditor/index.htm
avrr

Postby jrlane7 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:28 pm

The Netscape browser comes with a very nice editor.
http://netscape.com

After you download and install the browser click on the Window Link at the top and select Composer.

It's Free
jrlane7

Re: What is the best html editor to use?

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:44 pm

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:02 pm

theuniek1

Postby chippewapublishing » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:48 pm

chippewapublishing

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 01, 2005 11:11 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Mini-Adobe

Postby Warren Contreras » Sun May 08, 2005 1:12 am

Adobe also has Photoshop Elements which is a $99 version with a free 30 day trial. For web work it does everything I need and then some.
Warren Contreras

Postby eBookWriter » Fri May 20, 2005 12:32 pm

Just jumping in with my two pennies...

I've used the DreamWeaver trial version upon occasion. Can't afford to buy it. Not sure I'd say it was easy to use, but I had fun trying.

I use CoffeeCup's HTML editor and Firestarter flash programs. Xara has some good stuff too. I use their MenuMaker for navigation buttons. I also use Arachnophilia HTML editor both versions 4 and 5. Although not as much now that CoffeeCup radically updated their editor this year. What I liked best about the old version 4 of Arachnophilia is that I could build my own toolbars with ease. If I can do that with CoffeeCup, I'd be in heaven, but I haven't found that I could. Could be I'm missing something.

In any case, none of them are hard to use, and CoffeeCup has a ton of new features added this year. There are free trials for all their stuff. Xara.com has free trials as well.

For graphics, I use Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition, Paint Shop Studio 9, and Photo Shop Elements 2.0. Sometimes I use Picture It and Photo Impressions, because each program has a feature I want that the others don't have. PhotoImpact is another program I like, and RealDraw Pro.

What can I say...I love trying out new programs! :)

As Lynn pointed out, Paint Shop Pro (and most of the other programs I've named) is much cheaper than PhotoShop. And CoffeeCup is cheaper than DreamWeaver. Arachnophilia 5 (and 4) are free. 1st Page is free, I think, as well. And so is GIMP.

You can get most of these products on eBay. DreamWeaver, Macromedia Flash, PhotoShop and the other high end programs will still be costly, but, sometimes you luck into a great deal. At any rate, you will probably pay quite a bit less, so it's worth the look.

I got PhotoShop Elements 2.0 for $35. Got version 1.0 for $20. (Which version, I'll be putting up for sale myself later this week.) Version 3's price is still up there, but there are some good deals around even so.

Paint Shop Pro runs in this range depending on what version you're after. The newest one, 9, is still high, but again, you might luck onto a better deal if you keep checking. I have a version 8 I'm going to list as well as the PS Elements program.

I haven't been horribly burned on the things I buy there. All the more expensive stuff I've gotten have been of excellent quality and didn't take eons to get to me. As far as selling--no one's stiffed me for the more expensive stiff. Strangely, they may not pay the .99 for a recipe...

Anyway, just do a search for the program you'd like to have and see what comes up.

Anita

eBookWriter

Postby WebSolutions » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:51 am

WebSolutions

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming