[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Website Builder • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Website Builder

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Website Builder

Postby Joe McHenry » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:36 pm

Hi,

I am currently using SBI! for my two existing websites but now want to learn how to build sites using alternative software.

I am not "expert" in HTML but do know a little.......

My question is : What software is out there for newbies like me? Would you recommend Front Page for example?

best wishes

Joe

Tips-for-Boomers.com
Joe McHenry

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:31 pm

Hi Joe,

When I was just starting out, I used this site to learn the basic code:

HTML Goodies - Great basic HTML Tutorials!
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/basics.html

If you already have Frontpage installed on your computer (it comes preinstalled with some systems or software packages), then I say its fine to use. Its not the best out there, but its not the worst either... and its fairly easy to figure out. Not much different than creating a document in Word.

But if you dont, and are going to make a purchase, I would highly recommend Dreamweaver - in the long run I believe you'd be happier with it.

Hope that helps :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Websites

Postby Joe McHenry » Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:08 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the info - I'll have a look at your recommended HTML site.

I haven't got Front Page - just some basic WYSIWYG programs which aren't too powerful.....

take care

Joe

<A HREF = "http://myws.sitesell.com/success2070.html"> "Make Your Words Sell!"</a>
Joe McHenry

Postby Tam » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:40 pm

Hi Joe,

Front page will work but I wouldn't recommend buying it (since you don't already have it). Dreamweaver is a much better choice. The probelm with Front Page is that it does "funky" things to you code and not all hosting sites support it's extentons.

I recommenf 1st page. Yes, you do have to know some html to use it, but it's one of the best I've seen (especially considering the price - free)

Tam
Tam

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:33 am

Great advice, Tam ~ I second that!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Joe McHenry » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:12 am

Hi,

Thanks Tam and Lynn for your advice.

Dreamweaver is a bit pricey just at the moment so I'll check out 1st page first.

I'm off to a download site!!

take care

Joe

http://www.affiliate-resources.net
Joe McHenry

Postby Tam » Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:24 pm

Hi Joe,

If you need any help with 1st page, give me a yell. It's one of the main programs I use so I'm fairly familiar with it.

Tam
Tam

Postby Joe McHenry » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:37 pm

Joe McHenry

Postby Tracy Gibson » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:41 am

Tracy Gibson

Postby Joe McHenry » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:02 pm

Joe McHenry

SBI

Postby lis » Sun May 11, 2003 7:14 am

Hi Joe- I was just reading your post .Can you tell me how you like SBI..are the templetes limited. Iam looking into SBI but I need to be able to have a chat capablility....??????????? :?
lis

Chat on an SBI-based website

Postby flensborg » Sun May 11, 2003 9:36 am

Hi Lis,

SBI as it is now has no chat capability.

You would need to have a remotely hosted chat-solution because you can't install 3rd party software on an SBI site.

If you must have chat and it must be installed on your own server, then SBI isn't for you for this site.

If you visit the site and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you will find a link named "Click here to e-mail your question.".

Click it and it will pop up a form where you can leave your question.

Ask them specifically if any of the current customers have remotely hosted chat solutions integrated in their SBI sites.

Sincerely,

Henrik Flensborg

Because keyword marketing is more than just WordTracker and KEI ;-)
flensborg

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming