[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - It's A-L-I-V-E! Building new website, need help • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

It's A-L-I-V-E! Building new website, need help

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

It's A-L-I-V-E! Building new website, need help

Postby HGPgal » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:29 pm

Hello Starters ~

I’ve just built a website for my Home & Garden Party business -- my first (so proud). I used a template from Alice Seba’s collection of tools at http://www.internetbasedmoms.com.

It’s still a bit raw and I have questions. Like why my Java scripts won’t turn on (I already changed them in Internet Tools) and how do I get rid of the white space on the About Us page? What's the best way to link my pages together internally?

I haven’t promoted yet because of some bugs and no catalog pix yet (can’t change the default pix because of Java…).

Please take a lap around my site and remember I’m a baby at this. All helpful suggestions & comments appreciated! Thanks! (-;

Here’s the site: http://www.hgpgal.internetbasedfamily.com
HGPgal

Postby Teena » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm

Hi HGPgal!

Bravo, the site looks good.

I checked out About Us and it looks ok to me, but I do have one suggestion.

You have a link in the page for another website.

You need all external links to open in a *new* page, so you're not sending your visitors off to look at something cool and then they'll forget you.

If you change the link to open in a new page, your page will still be visibe and they'll come back to you.

Change this:
<A href="http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/">

to this:
<A href="http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/" target="new">

Add this [target="new"] to all your a href tags for other websites, to ensure you won't lead your customers astray

:D

Have a gorgeous day!
Cheers
Teena
Teena

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming