[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - "Bookmark" script? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

"Bookmark" script?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

"Bookmark" script?

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:39 am

I've seen those "Bookmark this site" links all over the place.....how do I put that on my site and are they useful? What are the pros and cons?
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:48 am

I dont use it personally, so I dont know off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure BNB has that one: http://www.bignosebird.com/ (free)

I can say that what few sites rank to be included in my "Favorites" (bookmarks) tend to get remembered & visited a lot more frequently ;)

Keep us posted :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:04 pm

I'm not sure if I should use it or not...personally I tend to get a little irritated with those "bookmark this site" phrases since it seems like they are pressuring me to come back, and I don't like that. Maybe if the text was a little different, like "New sites added weekly! Bookmark this site". Like a benifit for the visitors to bookmark the site. I don't know, normally if I like the site I will bookmark it on my own regardless of a little text telling me to do so. Those that have enough knowledge of the internet to shop are probably going to know how to bookmark a site too.

Thank you for the site Lynn!
karadawn

Postby flensborg » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:50 pm

flensborg

Postby R Hagel » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:07 pm

R Hagel

Postby Mike Merz » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:23 pm

Just in case your still interested, Kara ..;)

Considering that about 98% of your visitors are using a reasonably recent version of IE as a browser ... just tell your visitors to hit "ctrl" then "d" ... ;)

If you're looking for a free form ... here ya go:

It might not make any difference whether you have it, or not, but if it helps you gain one dedicated visitor ... why not?

Regards,
Mike "every little bit helps" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:50 pm

karadawn

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming