This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

landing page

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

landing page

Postby painternc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm

this seems like a dumb question - I think I should already know this - I am developing a niche site - based on Lynn's concept in the Fast Cash report - I have a report that I will market using her techniques - and that report is part of a niche.
I will set up a WP blog - but not blog - I think this will be static pages.

So where does a landing page come it - is that when you are advertising a product - like the report - and you want to send the customer to the landing page to make sure they have what they need to buy it?
and where does that landing page live - it is a static page on the site that cannot be found any other way than the advertisement?

It is not the homepage?

Thanks.
Nan
painternc
Elite Member

Re: landing page

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 pm

painternc wrote:
So where does a landing page come it - is that when you are advertising a product - like the report - and you want to send the customer to the landing page to make sure they have what they need to buy it?
and where does that landing page live - it is a static page on the site that cannot be found any other way than the advertisement?

It is not the homepage?

Hi Nan - sorry it took me a bit to get to your question. This "vacation" is just crazy and wearing me out! (at my mom's in Dallas for a month with hubby and kids)

Yes a landing page is just a page you use to advertise a product and/or capture email addy's of interested prospects.

Not sure what you mean when you say "make sure they have what they need to buy it?" - do you mean 'qualify' them, as in, for an expensive product? Because I don't really think a landing page would do that...

And yes, it is a static page on the site that is not usually linked to from any other page in the site. Well, wait a sec.... you might send people there from a blog post on a related topic....

No, it's not the homepage

Lemme see if I can get Loretta to answer you a little more clearly....
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm not really sure how to answer your question. I'm having a hard time seeing what you're setting up in my mind.

I'll start with a question.... what is going to be on the home page?
terrapin719
Elite Member

landing page

Postby painternc » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:26 pm

I am going to build a simple nice site - good content but not over developed with tons of articles, etc - so going back and forth to do this as a blog or with homepage and static pages for each topic.
Just can't get in my mind where the landing page fits in cause so far I don't do adwords - so my other site is found through blog posts, etc.
painternc
Elite Member

landing page

Postby painternc » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:11 pm

this is confusing to me so I know it is confusing for someone else to understand. I started all of this with a report so this is really about the report. I'm marketing it first per Lynn's fast cash - to other same niche marketers fo JV - so don't need anything for that. I think the landing page must come in after I want to market it in other ways.
The report lead to a niche site - so I have been trying to figure out where the landing page "lives" - so I guess it lives as a static pg on the site?
Also - the report will be a pdf - where does it "live" - on the site somewhere so from the landing page you purchase and are sent the link to the pdf stored on the site?
Thanks.
Nan
painternc
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 pm

So you need a landing sales page to sell the report from the site?

I would make it http://www.nichesite.com/nameofreport or something like that if the home page is not the sales page.

Then I'd have the autoresponder deliver the report via email. You can also put the report in a directory for download but name it something difficult to guess so that people aren't grabbing it for free ;)
terrapin719
Elite Member

landing page

Postby painternc » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:49 pm

so the autoresponder would deliver the link for the report pdf - correct? I don't know what it means - "put the report in a director for download" - on the site -
the landing page can exist on the internet just like a blog post - right? so if the SEO is good people can find it and then go thru the sales process from there?
Thanks - I know this is basic - but this is the part that stops me.
Nan
painternc
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming