This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Learning HTML+CSS

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Learning HTML+CSS

Postby samanlk2 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 am

I want to learn HTML+CSS. I was just wondering if i spend at least 3 hours a day studying it how quickly will i be able to write it fluently?

Also, when people design websites do they learn ALL of the code or do they have a blank template of the code then add all the vital information?

Thanks

Postby nar321 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 pm

One way to find out is to do a Google search for "Learn HTML"

As to your second question the answer is a qualified no for the learning part as I doubt if there are many web designers that think they have learned everything possible about web design. Depending on what they want to do in the way of web design they may have a blank template at the ready for ease in building. It all depends on the web designer
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:59 am

One of the coolest investments I've made is a subscription to Lynda.com

I can learn just about anything I could ever want through video. It's a tad spendy, but if you consider the education you are getting, it's sooooooooo worth it. ;)

Regards,

Tony Thomas
Oregon Coast Guy

hai

Postby francis_niro » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 am

you can learn the basics html and css through w3schools.com.if you dont have any web programming background this will help
francis_niro

hai

Postby rehanzu » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:45 am

i think if you spend 3 hours a day studying and practicing, you could be fairly fluent in about a month. the best learning comes from actually doing it, not just reading lessons.
rehanzu

Postby lisaw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 am

If you're the type who likes a book in hand, sitepoint books are excellent for reference.

And yes, if you're dedicating three hours a day to learning and practicing this, you will definitely make good progress quickly.
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby Katysmith » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:41 am

I think it will be enough time , visit w3schools.com for more tutorials
Katysmith

Postby Bina Omar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:48 am

You can start off with free online tutorial sites. But you will want to get at least one good book on HTML and CSS for easy referencing. Sitepoint.com offers great books.

How fast you learn depends on how much you practice. You will have to learn how to code web sites from scratch to begin with.

But when you've learnt it, you can jumpstart each project with templates and then just tweak them.

I have many base templates for different types of sites. I also have a master css file where I keep styles that I like and commonly use.

~ Bina.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming