This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

setting up my first site--first question....

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

setting up my first site--first question....

Postby CalamityJane » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:07 am

Hi all,

I'm preparing to begin work on my first website. Have never done this before. (I do have a blog at Wordpress, but only started it about a month ago, and it is a personal family/friends one.) This site I want to build will be my first "business" one.

I have my domain name, two actually, and transferred them to Bluehost. The two are meant for different audiences, and I'm just going to work on one at a time. The one I'm going to start with is an addon, with the other one being the main one.

I hardly even know how to phrase my questions, I know so little. I am going to install Wordpress, and I want to know: when I am working on one domain which is an addon, when I install Wordpress, does it only install to that site, or do you do both at the same time? I most likely will use Wordpress for the other one as well, but am not ready to work on it yet.

Second question: I've read here about Fantistico and how you want to have that, and in SuperAffiliatesHandbook, Ms. Gardner uses the Fantistico when walking you through installing Wordpress. However, the Bluehost tutorial tells you to use Simple Scripts. Is there any difference in using Simple Scripts and Fantistico?

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks.
cj
CalamityJane
Elite Member

Postby lisaw » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:03 am

Hi cj - you can use either Simple Scripts or Fantastico. I've used both and they work fine. When you install WP on one domain it will only install to that site. You need to do separate installs for each site.

Welcome and have fun!
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby CalamityJane » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am

Thank you Lisa! Exactly what I needed to know.
CalamityJane
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming