[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help to center my website in browsers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help to center my website in browsers

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need help to center my website in browsers

Postby Janice Dugas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:13 pm

My website ( http://www.candlesbook.com) has been created within a Shopsite8 template, the Stained Glass template, which was configured to be left-aligned. ( I was not aware at the time I chose the template)

I wrote to Shopsite to have guidance and their answer was:

The template you are using, the Stained Glass Template, is set to align the entire page left. There is no built in way within ShopSite to change this, this is how that template is setup.

However, you should be able to add CSS to the header field within ShopSite (Preferences > Page Header/Footer) to get the page to align center rather than align left.

The following is the CSS that you can try adding to the header field to accomplish this.

<style type="text/css">

body {

text-align: center;

}

table.header, table.middle, table.footer {

margin: 0px auto;

}

</style>

I did what they suggested via the software management panel but that does not affect the home page /index.html coding, and when I tried to copy paste the above code into the /index.html page, it did not change the alignment.

:-(

Any suggestions of what I can do to have the site display centered ?

Thanking you in advance !

Janice Dugas

http://www.candlesbook.com
http://candlekits.qarf.com
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:44 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Janice Dugas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Bonjour Robert :-)

Greatly appreciate your quick reply ! and I am
VERY VERY VERY HAPPY to let you know that
the procedure you gave me to follow resolved the problem !!

Yabadabadou !!! Merci ... merci beaucoup !

Next time, I wil not loose time to try to solve by myself , to no avail.
I will refer to the expert. You made my day. :-)

Thank you soooooo much !

Hope I can be one day of help too.

Take care and all the very best.

Janice
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:09 pm

great, glad it worked for you.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Janice Dugas » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Robert,

Another problem surfaced. :-(

When I make changes to the index.hmtl page, and "PUBLISH" it to the web, it crashes the additional code you had given me to insert into it.

So, I re-entered them and said to myself that each time I would make changes to the HOME PAGE ( shopsite_sc/index.html) I would have to do this step.

Al made me realize that the other main category pages of the site does not get centered . So, I have to re-enter these codes in each of them.

shopsite_sc/candles.html
shopsite/books.html
shopsite_sc/tarot.html
etc etc etc

But , when I will "PUBLISH" again the Home Page, these main category pages will get superceeded as well.

Are you aware of a way to solve this ?

Thanking you in advance for your guiding lights !

All the best
Janice

http://www.candlesbook.com
Janice Dugas
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming