[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - web site template • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

web site template

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

web site template

Postby MommysClub » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:19 pm

MommysClub

Postby karynsolo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:01 pm

karynsolo

Postby MommysClub » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:11 pm

MommysClub

Postby karynsolo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 pm

karynsolo

hi

Postby MommysClub » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:35 am

web easy v 7

and the templates i have found all require additional software
MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:53 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby MommysClub » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:01 pm

MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 pm

I wonder if that is true? and if so, I would certainly never pay for a template like that.

web pages are supposed to be simple html/css/php etc. they should not need anything fancier than a text editor to edit them.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby MommysClub » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:40 pm

i actually tried to download a free one and without the software i can not edit the template. So i guess they do require extra software.
MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:54 pm

can you give me a link to one of the free ones. I am curious how this works.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

here it is

Postby MommysClub » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:32 pm

sure

http://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates.php

when i tried this without dreamweaver i could not open or edit anything then i downloaded a free trial of dreamweaver and then it worked

if you click on web site templates under family they are the ones i am referring to but if you click on details it will show what is required
MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:32 am

HI, on that page where all the free ones are, I can't see anyway to do what you said. ( go to family etc. ) when you do that, you are no longer looking at free templates.

however, on that page, there is one template that says it is a family template.
it is named:
Free Flash Animated Template

I downloaded it and it is normal html and css that you can open and edit in any text editor or other type of web design program.

I also did not see anywhere that said "details"

maybe you could give me a link straight to what you are talking about.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby MommysClub » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:02 am

http://www.templatemonster.com/category/family/

the ones you looked at are samples and cannot be used for a site (sample only) once you buy the template that is when the required software comes in --- i even contacted customer support on there and they said the same thing to me that the software is required for the family portals templates. i guess i will have to just stick with what i have since i cannot afford dreamweaver at this time

thanks
MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:47 am

Ok, I was not trying to be pushy about this at all, I am just curious. I downloaded one of the "Free" ones from that page that you linked to. Those are not samples, they are fully functioning templates with all the files needed to run them. I have uploaded the "family" one to my server here:
http://phpbbace.com/support/mommy

check it out.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

hi

Postby MommysClub » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 pm

not pushy at all. I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately the only software i have is web easy. I just recently downloaded a free trial of dreamweaver but not that familiar with the software.

I do not know what to do from this point -- i really like the template look but not familiar with the software so i will have a huge learning curve.
thanks again
MommysClub

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming