[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT ADDING A BLOG TO A SITE • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT ADDING A BLOG TO A SITE

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT ADDING A BLOG TO A SITE

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I am now a little confused, I purchased rapid niche websites which allows you to build static sites on the fly with wordpress under the hood functioning under there.

My concern is well for one if the owner of that software discontinues supporting it due to health related issues or other issues then what... what happens to me and my upgrades to that software since he has to perform upgrades every time wordpress upgrades otherwise his software will not maybe work correctly and eventually more complications can arise since there is no one to upgrade it as needed.

I am not much up on php, or any of these languages as I am a dinosaur and have not studied any of these languages and rely on web development tools such as frontpage.

So now I am thinking about upgrading to the frontpage expression upgrade and wondering now if i get this and start doing sites with this software, I will lost the benefit of quick indexing of pages or having engines pinged etccccc

Would you agree this is a great benefit alone on why to add a blog to ones static site developed with MS expression or dreamweaver if so what are the other benefits why i should add a blog even if i keep the comments off don't i still benefit from the the articles i will place in the section of the blog

If i decide to get expression from microsoft and build a site with this software and only create the sales pages with this software but all of my articles create it using wordpress how should i approach it .

I am looking at this site as an example of what i wish to do with adding a blog to my site the style blog or template is this something i can pick up easy and incorporate.

I will probably upgrade to ms expression any feedback on this.

what can you tell me about the site below is it a blog or is it a static site with a blog imbedded in it.

http://www.avatarfinancial.com/posts/
edwinnyc

Postby nar321 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Personally having just left a situation where the developer had to first upgrade bfore I could.You will never really own it and in the case of Wordpress they will do there upgrades probably before your developer does any upgrades. There is the very real possibility that if you try to upgrade when Word press does you will break something unless you wait for your developer to incorporate the WP upgrade into the package

MS Frontpage is not the best or easiest to use. In most cases you can do anything reasonable that you need to add to the site using Notepad. In any case there are free or almost free programs that will do it .

Even if you bring up the blog part of you site, the URL doesn't include /blog in the address.What was the selling point for having both a web site and a blog?
nar321
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 pm

edwinn, no offense but you just keep making this all way harder than it has to be.

a static web page is a page that actually exists, it sits on your server and is always there , just the same.

dynamic pages like blogs and forums, are put together by the script and database on the fly as they are called for.

that is the difference between them.

if you just want to create static web pages then why not just use frontpage ( as much as I hate to say that) since you already know how to use it.

If you want to have a blog, then you can use WP for a blog.

You can get the same search engine benefits from either one if you do them right.

I think you are getting overwhelmed with all the different possibilities.

Why not pick one method and stick with it until you get it working like you want, then move on to something else.
I need to follow this same advice myself.

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

I did not realize certain things when I ...

Postby edwinnyc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 am

edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:04 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

thanks robert and

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:35 am

edwinnyc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming