[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why add an additional blog to an existing blog...:>( • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why add an additional blog to an existing blog...:>(

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Why add an additional blog to an existing blog...:>(

Postby edwinnyc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:13 am

I used rapid niche websites to create my site - allows one to create static looking sites with wordpress, so under the hood it is a blog ....

Why Am I Thinking Of Adding Another Blog To A Blog

1) Not sure on this but concerned about my site looking to congested with information and hard to find information which could affect conversions

2) Just wondering if I should add a additional blog to my site for any reason that I am not thinking about, what other reasons should I consider another blog to my site, this time has nothing to do with concerns about existing site looking congested or hard to read but now just the consideration of why should I be considering adding another blog to possibly overhaul the engine and give it more horse power sort of speak, at this moment cannot see any other reason to add another blog to my already blog site

Can you give some ideas on why I should consider adding another blog to my already blog site and what would be the possible advantages or disadvantages of it...........visit www.restaurantfundingusa.com .
edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

I heard I could addd

Postby edwinnyc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:59 pm

hi robert:

thanks for the feedback, I was told I could add a traditional looking blog to my existing site, ok I hear what you are saying, and do agree totally with you as to whatever points you mentioned are what they are, so anyway I do not see any other benefits to adding another blog at this moment and a reason to add one.

So if there are I do not see it either at this moment...thanks robert
edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 pm

you could add a hundred blogs, forums, chat rooms or whatever to your site. but if it is not going to help you achieve your site's goal, then there is no point.

at the risk of confusing the issue here...

If you just want to learn how to do these things,
you could create them on your server and just play with them for learning purposes.

for example,
on one of my domains, cyberosis.net, I have the following:

A site I am slowly developing as a help site:
cyberosis.net

I have a poetry bulletin board using phpbb:
poetry.cyberosis.net

I also have a word press blog installed just to play with and learn about wordpress

cyberosis.net/blog

I have a shopping cart to learn about that:
cyberosis.net/cart

and I have a phpbb bulletin board test site:
cyberosis.net/phpBB2

right now, none of them are linked to each other and
none of them are active sites except for the poetry site ( if you have any poetry, stop by and submit it.)

I have other domains with similar situations.

If you have a hosting account that allows multiple domain names, you can create whole new domains on one account like I have here:

rvgranny.com is host to:
phpbbace.com
phpbbusers.com
grannys-attic.com

each one has it's own website for it's own purposes.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

The question robert is this ...........

Postby edwinnyc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:39 pm

You are right, I could add all of those you mentioned but if it is not going to help me then good is it...

You see robert the question is, is there a way to get something out of adding another blog to my existing site, are there any hidden gems that you and I are not thinking about in terms of uses.

edwin
edwinnyc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming