[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help which way to go to accomplish site I've envisioned • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help which way to go to accomplish site I've envisioned

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need help which way to go to accomplish site I've envisioned

Postby KnoxWAHM » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm

I'm interesting in starting a niche site that connects buyers of services with freelancers. I'm not interested in running a lowest bid type site. But had more envisioned it as a place where members could post jobs for and freelancers would post a profile with feedback.

So here's my issue as I look around at technology to accomplish this.

Do I go with a script like Kubelance or ilance that offers job posting, escrowing, profiles and feedback, but no real community feel/forum or, do I go wtih a forum program and find a way to integrate escrowing but leave the set up more like a forum?

I envision having a front page that could have articles, blog content, most recent job postings and freelancers that have joined the community and of course a place to sign up :-)

Not sure if I explained that very well :oops:
KnoxWAHM
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Tough question. You want to have a community feel to what is more or less a job listing site. You could have two seperate areas, one forum, and one job listing, but the complication there arises with how do you link the forum poster with the job or offered service. I am envisioning a blog on the landing page with articles and info, but no user comments, and from there links to the job/service posting page, and a link to the forums. I still don't know how you'd tie one to the other though.
alexc

Postby KnoxWAHM » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for your valued input Alex. Glad to know I'm not overlooking something very obvious in my newness. I've checked with aMember and they don't have escrow interegation at this point.

I may just start out with a scaled down version of what I'd ideally like and then, if there is the the interest and members grow from there. Versus trying to start with all the features I would like - and then consequently never being able to start :lol:
KnoxWAHM
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 pm

alexc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming