[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Logo question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Logo question

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Logo question

Postby MommysClub » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 am

MommysClub

Postby robert adams » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm

I think you should maintain the same overall look and layout for your whole site.
That includes your logo at the top of every page.

In your case, you have every single page on your site different. When browsing through your site, there is nothing that tells me I am still on the same website.

All those colors and layouts are nice, but very confusing for your visitors.

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

thanks

Postby MommysClub » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:58 pm

thank you

i am in the process (slow one but still) of revamping my site

do you suggest to also place this logo even on the sub pages such as individual recipes and articles?
MommysClub

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:43 am

plaster your new logo all over CafePress goodies. Sell them, give them away as bonuses, give them to people walking on the street and be a personal billboard yourself.

That's why I do to get my brand out there.

Pst....wanna buy a coffee mug? :wink:

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby KansasDragon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:19 am

Roberts giving you great advice.

Yes, you do want the logo to be the same all the way through the site, keeping that consistent look on every page.

It's part of your "branding" strategy.

Use some of your favorite sites as examples. Self Starters Weekly Tips, has the logo on every page. ClickNewz has the log on every page. Warrior Forum is the same, Ebay.... on and on..

You want it to look consistent, so when you receive search engine traffic, and they click from the Recipe page, to your home page, they feel confident they are still the same place, building a relationship with Cathy of MommysClub.

P.S. Not sure what you're using for your HTML Editing program, I use Dreamweaver MX and it allows me to create templates for my websites, which then allows me to update items like logos throughout the entire site in moments. You might want to see if your editor has an option for going that way.
KansasDragon

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming