[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What do you make out of these error codes.... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What do you make out of these error codes....

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What do you make out of these error codes....

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:50 pm

HTTP Error codes
HTTP Error codes* Hits Percent Bandwidth
404 Document Not Found 1295 81.2 % 16.53 MB
301 Moved permanently (redirect) 259 16.2 % 3.82 KB
302 Moved temporarily (redirect) 34 2.1 % 125 Bytes
500 Internal server Error 6 0.3 % 0
edwinnyc

Re: What do you make out of these error codes....

Postby robert adams » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:19 am

robert adams
Elite Member

hey robert ....

Postby edwinnyc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 pm

edwinnyc

Re: What do you make out of these error codes....

Postby robert adams » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:30 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Hey robert....

Postby edwinnyc » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 pm

edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:55 am

robert adams
Elite Member

hey robert

Postby edwinnyc » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

edwinnyc

Postby SteveJohnson » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 am

SteveJohnson

Re: hey robert

Postby robert adams » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:56 am

robert adams
Elite Member

thanks guys ......

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 am

Hey steve, I am new to wordpress, and still learning, but deleted a lot of stuff and this goes into something when you delete stuff not sure what this is called forgot.

Anyway, how do I work with what you are talking about, I am at a loss here.

What do you need from me to help me with this: I am lost on this how do I proceed or what must I give you access to in order to help me.

You can do this via .htaccess:

Code:
Redirect 301 /path-to-missing-URL http://yourblognamehere.com/newdestination
edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:43 am

that bit of code for your htaccess file , really has nothing to do with wordpress in particular.

a 404 error means that someone attempted to view a page on your website that does not exist.

If the webpage used to exist and you want visitors to go to some other webpage/the new version of that old webpage, etc.

then, you use the redirect in your htaccess file.

There is probably already a htaccess file in your main directory.

if so, open it in a plain text editor and add that line to the bottom of it.

of course you have to replace his examples with the path/file name of the old file and the path to the file you want people to be redirected to.

for instance.

let's say your file that produces the 404 error was located here:

oldfolder/oldfile.html

and you want to redirect anyone attempting to access that file to;

newfolder/newfile.html

then, your htaccess file would have this in it:

Redirect 301 /oldfolder/oldfile.html http://yourdomain.com/newfolder/newfile.html

it must all be on one line and the spaces are important.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Robert....

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks....

How do I find out which pages I must redirect and do not exist or whatever...

I believe I caused this problem by deleting certain pages in wordpress.

Now I am concerned about the future on deleting pages or posts in wordpress any suggestions on what to do here.

I was told by lynn to be careful not to delete pages because it would cause problems, but if I have to delete pages or posts then what must I do since there will be times I have delete stuff.

Right now I put up some articles on my site that I should have not placed and made ebooks out of them I was not thinking, so not sure how to approach this since now I would like to maybe delete them and make them available as ebooks.

What a mess but i guess I will grow from this...lol

I am with hostgator what can I do as far as using them to help me figure out what you instructed me to do.

As far as those forms go not really sure what I was thinking, I thought that maybe by not having those forms, and people going to the page and not finding forms would create problems, that is all ........confused on things I do not think as you said had anything to do with those error msgs

Know any combat veterans that just came home that need help or non combat veterans, family members or friends that need some help, forward to them to me, I help now veterans whom wish to start businesses, or already in business get financing or put claims in etccc I act as referral source.

thanks...edwin

Take care got such a headache.......:>(
edwinnyc

Postby robert adams » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:34 pm

you would have to look at the logs from your server to find out what pages people were looking for when they got the 404 errors.

then create your htaccess file.

actually, there may not be that many. as was pointed out above, those percentages were in relation to the total number of errors.
therefore, you might have only had a few 404 errors.

the only reason that deleting pages would affect anything is if they had already been indexed by google, etc.

or,
if they were linked to from other places around the net.

hostgator support can help you figure out how to access your logs and how to read them so that you will know what is happening.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Holy HTML 404 Code Lessons Batman!

Thanks for asking the question edwinnyc!

:)

This helps me too.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

robert ....

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:12 pm

thanks...robert and joseph ain't seen you in a while....:>)
edwinnyc

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming