[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Accepting Payment, Collecting Info, Forms etc. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Accepting Payment, Collecting Info, Forms etc.

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Accepting Payment, Collecting Info, Forms etc.

Postby kathleen » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:16 am

I have been humming along building my first website for quite some time now, and I have come upon a roadblock that I can't seem to get around. So I come to all you intelligent and creative people to help me find a solution.
My business is selling, among other things, personalized letters for children. So as you can guess, at some time in the ordering process I need to collect a bunch of information such as name, age, family members, favorite color, interests, etc.

I had intended to use Paypal to collect payments. The problem with this is that they don't give me anywhere to collect the information needed for the personalization. I did some hunting, and found that with the shopping cart from mals-e, I could collect this information as options. The problem with this is that I would them be required to have a page for each letter (there are 50 or so) in order to get all this info collected, and then the customer would have to enter the information over and over again for each letter they want to purchase. This doesn't sound very user friendly to me.

I also thought about trying to create a form that would collect the personalization information, then once they submitted the information, they would be directed to Paypal to make the payment.

Is this possible? Would it work? Is there a better, easier, or smarter way to do this? :?: :?: :?:

Please HELP!! Things were going so well until I hit this issue :cry: . I'm sure with the help and encouragement of you all, I will find a way to solve the problem :D .

Thanks in advance,
Kathleen
kathleen

Postby flensborg » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:42 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I haven't used PayPal myself, but aren't you given access to the emailaddress of your customers?

If you are you could send them an email, requesting the needed information in their reply.

Or if you can customize the order confirmation email you could have a link to a page where they could enter their ordernumber and fill in the needed information.
flensborg

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:57 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MrGrammar » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:07 pm

MrGrammar

Possible solution

Postby Steve MacLellan » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:16 am

Steve MacLellan

Postby kathleen » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:08 am

kathleen

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:02 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:05 am

Just to give you some more options, is great to use. I believe they have a way to set up additional information needed from customers. Best of all - it's free! ;)
karadawn

paypal options

Postby dlee » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:47 am

On the bottom of the page when you set up your ordering information on paypal, there is a button labeled "Add More Options" When you click on this, one of the options is to get information from your customer like color etc. This puts a form on your website with your item. It is set up for two options, but you could put name and relatives names on one and interests etc. on the other. You can probably add more options if you know much HTML code.
dlee

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:48 am

If you need some help passing information into the shopping cart with a form, I can help you with that. I'm familiar with Mals-e and figured out how to make forms (FINALLY) that did what I needed them to do.

You can see an example of what I did here: http://weddings.giftsbyjennifer.com/bagsboxes.html. Keep in mind it's under construction, but that's an idea of what you can do with it.

Just let me know.
Jennifer Hadorn

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming