[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need to add articles to my website. What is Best Way? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need to add articles to my website. What is Best Way?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I need to add articles to my website. What is Best Way?

Postby gronesy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:53 pm

gronesy

rss

Postby lmm_phpauction » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:16 am

have you think about rss. Why don't you try: http://www.rsstatic.com/
Regards,
L
lmm_phpauction

Postby gronesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 am

Lorena,

Do you use this? How has it impacted your rankings?

Does anybody else have any experience with this program?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Mommyland » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 am

Add fresh content daily or every other day is the best way with out going with an RSS enabled website. Although I do feel that using an RSS website is better (Like wordpress) that way its a lot easier.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Tamara,

Have you used Teli's WordPress Affiliate guide for setting up affiliate sites?

Have you used the Static Blogging tool?

I'm a big believer in WP too.

I was confused about exactly what this program was supposed to do.

It just RSS enables a site and displays my favorite RSS feeds?

If that's the case, how would getting people to follow my favorite feeds help me make a sale?

Does that make sense?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Mommyland » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 am

Rss Enabled sites creates the RSS feeds for your site. You could if you wanted to could add rss feeds but for me I dont want information on my sites that is not mine.

As far as Telis program No i have not used it. Nor the static blogging tool.

I have however done my own tweaking and things to make it look like a static looking site. You can make the front page static so its not blog posts.

How RSS feeds help 'make the sale' is by providing fresh content and new information about the product(s) The key is to provide information to your readers about what you are trying to sell. A lot of times Providing information about the product will have alot more sales then sales pitchs off the main sales page. Since that pages job is to sell not your blog/site, their job is to provide information.

Its a good idea to write honest reviews, things that you got out of the product (things you learned what you didnt like but could help others)

I hope this helps.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 am

Tamara,

I'm in 100% agreement with you about having RSS feeds leading away from the site.

I also agree that if I have an RSS enabled site that updating it with fresh content RELEVANT to the possible purchase decision goes a lot further than a sales pitch.

Is the site you're speaking of closer to an affiliate site or is it your blog that serves the dual purpose?

I ask this because Teli's program(I know you've not used it)is specifically for using WP to set up an affiliate site with many products.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Mommyland » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:13 am

Every blog I have is done the same. Just the theme and topics are different there are a few that I do have static pages so it looks more like a static site.

If your asking if I personally have an affiliate program No not at this point. In the future not sure.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 am

I was asking not about you having an affiliate program but if any of your blogs were set up specifically to put up affiliate products.

Or are each of your blogs a niche blog which has links to affiliate products?
gronesy

Postby Mommyland » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 pm

I dont promote only one on my blogs they are for a few products in that topic. The posts and things usually are around these products if that is what you mean.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:19 pm

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff
gronesy

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming