[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Consensus on Vista • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Consensus on Vista

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Consensus on Vista

Postby RKramkowski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 pm

With Micro$oft discontinuing Windows XP in about 6 months, what's the general consensus of Vista in the IM space?

I'm running it on one laptop but am still using XP for all my IM stuff. There still seems to be a lot of compatibility issues with applications across the board, not just in IM. And it seems like not a lot of the software in the IM space has really been tested with Vista.

Is anyone using Vista on a regular basis? If so how's it going? Have you seen applications that won't run under Vista?
RKramkowski

Postby robert adams » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:08 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby RKramkowski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:36 pm

While support will be continuing, they won't be selling it any more.
RKramkowski

Postby RKramkowski » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm not concerned about whether Microsoft supports it or not. I'm more interested in what people are finding that are using it. Are there compatibility problems with IM tools (e.g., XSitePro)? Are the marketers that are selling software working to make their packages compatible with Vista if it's not today? et.c etc.
RKramkowski

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm

I actually hate vista as far as the operating system and the way it runs BUT I love some of the features so I downloaded a neat file that gives my system the vista feel but still allows me to run my xp.

My son has an HP laptop with vista and is about to send it in for a second round of warranty repairs. What a nightmare. The vista operating system is a major memory hog, you need a min of 2 gigs ram to even keep it from locking up and going crazy on you.

I have the best of both worlds without having to switch completely over.
karynsolo

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Here is the link for the Vista Inspirat pack its free and fun.

http://www.vista-inspirat.net/
karynsolo

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming