[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can I have an xsitepro site and a wordpress blog for it? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can I have an xsitepro site and a wordpress blog for it?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Can I have an xsitepro site and a wordpress blog for it?

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Would it be possible to have a site done with xsite pro and have a wordpress blog for it?
Learning
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Sure you can.. but if you mean can you have a wordpress blog actually integrated into your XSP site, then no. What I've done on several occassions is installed wordpress into a sub-folder (www.mysite.com/folder), and created a matching wordpress theme so that everything looks pretty much identical using the same background, headers and fonts. I do keep the sidebars unique within the blog however, as long as there is some sort of navigation leading back to your main site, which is also easy to do with wordpress.

Here's one example: (note that the blog is really outdated and is about to undergo so much need work lol)

Hope this helps

~ Dianne ~
Diannef

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Cool Dianne! :D
Your site looks sooo cool. Was that made with xsitepro? I looved it. Is the blog there a wordpress blog? I guess the whole thing is that it is possible to have a wordpress blog on an xsitepro site in a folder right?
Learning
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks :) Anything is possible with a little time lol. Yes.. the main site is XSite Pro with an HTML header set up in the designer. As you can see I used the same header HTML and background color on the wordpress blog. From there I simply created an external link in my XSite Pro navigation to link to my blog.

~ Dianne ~
Diannef

Postby robert adams » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm

your website is just a website, it is not a xsitepro website or whatever.

xsite pro is simply a tool to create your web pages/ website.

so, use whatever tool you want to create webpages and therefore your website. you can use xsitepro, frontpage, dreamweaver, or simply notepad and ftp.

then, you can add whatever other type of scripts you want to the site.

blogs, forums, chat rooms, etc, etc.

it doesn't matter what you created the site /pages with.

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Diannef

Postby Learning » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:36 am

I guess the difference between one software for site building and another is the seo that is built in right? If I make a whole bunch of dreamweaver websites and they are not optimized it will be more difficult to have it be found by a search engine. That's why it's so important for me to have a software that helps in the optimization part.

I guess someone who knows how to optimize and isn't newbie like myself can use any tool to create a website and it won't make a big difference to them because they already know what they're doing in seo.

I do know that I need to have good quality websites linking to my pages so I'll have to write a lot of great articles.
Learning
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming