[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can I put different background images with xsitepro? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can I put different background images with xsitepro?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Can I put different background images with xsitepro?

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 am

Hi-
I bought some beautiful country graphics and countrypatch collections to use for the site that I am planning to make. I was wondering if xsitepro gives us the option of being able to put different backgrounds on each different page. I know that I would be able to put images - but what about backgrounds? :shock:
Learning
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:34 am

Yes, you can. Go to the "Page Layout" tab. You'll see the different panels like "header panel", "main panel", etc. You'll see a section called "background" just click on the folder to browse to the background you want to use and that's it.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Hi Alan

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi Alan- thanks for the response.
Would that background image be for each page? In other words- could I change the background image in each page or would every page in the site have to have the same background image?
Thanks again for any help :D
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Every page of the site would have the same background which is really recommended anyway.. keeping your pages structured in the same manner and layout makes it look more polished and professional.
Diannef

Hi Dianne-

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for the answer. The whole thing is that my topic is a topic in which I can explore really cute country graphics. I am writing a site with teaching and family resources other than articles for Christian women. So my audience will love the cutesy side to it- :lol: . Anyways- thanks for that info.
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:36 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:00 pm

XSite Pro does provide a feature to export the generated website to HTML for use in Dreamweaver (or other HTML editor), or there's another option to export it to Frontpage. Within the XSite Pro software itself, there's no options to use a variety of templates or backgrounds within the same website. So for those that don't mind editing the HTML content after the site is generated, then yes, you can do whatever you want with it, however future edits will also have to be done manually (not in the XSP software).

One thought that I did just have though .. when you create a new page you can choose an option to ignore the page layout. I haven't played around with that option too much, so not really sure if it would allow you to create another layout or not, but might be worth investigating.

~ Dianne ~
Diannef

Postby Learning » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 am

Hey Robert and Dianne:)
Thanks so much for answering me. I also sent an email to the xsiteprosite and she emailed me back saying that the background that I put would be used in the entire website not having the option for each page.
But the idea of having it exported into dreamweaver is wonderful. I didn't know that could be done.
Are there tutotrials that teach us to do this?
That way xsitepro would be useful for the seo part and dreamweaver would be the tool I need for the beauty of the site.
Great!!!! :D
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:33 am

I guess this shows how much I know about xsitepro.

If it does not create normal webpages then what are they?

also, if you have export them into something like DW or FP, then what is the point of using it to create webpages/sites?

robert
edit:
I guess I simply need to go check it out to see exactly what it is.
:wink:
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:17 am

Hey Learning.. Patty & the gang at XSite Pro are terrific. There's a big manual on the software, and any time you get stuck there's always lots of help on the forums there.

LOL @ Robert :) XSite Pro does create HTML pages, but it stores them in a different format - just for XSP sites. One XSite Pro user can export a site in XSP format and send it to someone else who can import it and have absolutely everything from the css to all the images and any scripts added in through the software as well. Exporting it for use in Dreamweaver simply converts anything specific to the XSP software to ensure it can be read/opened by standard HTML software.

Did I just confuse the situation more? LOL

~ Dianne ~
Diannef

Postby Learning » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:05 am

Learning
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Diannef

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Learning » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Alan-
Your site looks great. My site will actually be for christian women and for teachers with resources and articles. Women love cutesy stuff :lol:
Last tuesday I bought your niche podcasting book. I have read most of it. The book is excellent!!!
It has detailed steps and makes me feel secure about podcasting.
I would definitely reccomend your book to anyone who wants to make money online.
Diannne- I signed up for your newsletter- since I am a beginning wahm :wink: .
I wanted to ask you Dianne- have you received good search engine results with the gift card site?
All the best,
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming