[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Dreamweaver - templates • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Dreamweaver - templates

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Dreamweaver - templates

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:58 pm

Does anyone use templates in Dreamweaver?

It order for me to update a page with my template the page has to be opened.

Anyone else have this problem?

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby stephfoster » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:24 pm

stephfoster

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:09 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby robert adams » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:28 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:55 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby stephfoster » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:03 pm

Never had that problem. If I change something in my template, it changes everywhere. I've used templates with both Dreamweaver 4 and MX. I wonder if there's something wrong in the setup.
stephfoster

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:29 pm

Could be. Very annoying though :?

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby theuniek1 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:23 am

I know this is an old post - but maybe it can help out someone in the future :)

I use DW on a regular basis and templates can be time savers especially for large websites.

When you are creating the dreamweaver template (btw I'm going by MX 2004 here) - you will be presented with an option "update all pages created with this template?" (or something along those lines - I'm half asleep right now) - make sure it's checked.

When you create a new page, make sure you create it from that template. So when you go back and edit the dreamweaver template it will prompt you - update all pages using this template (or something along those lines), you will then have the option of saying yes or no.

Now for the snags - sometimes you will get a couple error messages, sometimes you created an editable section when you really didn't want it to be (editable sections don't get updated) and sometimes DW will act up.

If you're receiving a specific error message or having trouble actually setting up the inital template - let me know and I'll try to help out any way I can :)

Regards,
Teli
theuniek1

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:23 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:47 am

theuniek1

Postby netadventures » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:21 pm

Speaking of Dreamweaver templates, does anyone know of a good source for templates at a reasonable price?

Thanks!
netadventures

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:32 pm

I know templatemonster.com has some very nice templates - HTML, CSS, Flash, etc and you can search by price.

What kind of template were you looking for exactly?

I'm actually thinking about doing some free blog templates (all I would ask is that a small text link to my design site be left on the template and they not be sold or used for profit) - hopefully if the feedback is good enough, I probably will...

I'll also try to make them universal so they can be customized for your blog software (whether it's typad, blogger, wordpress, mt, etc...)
theuniek1

Postby netadventures » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 pm

I'd like to find one or two "highly customizable" templates, so I could start from a nicely designed foundation, more or less. I've been using SSIs for my nav bar and side bar, and I was thinking of "stripping" the html for both from the templates so that I could still use them as SSIs.

And it would be nice to have a ready made stylesheet to customize, as well.

There's still a lot of stuff I don't know how to do very well when it comes to HTML, so I'd like to find templates with all that written in as well.

You know, Teli, I might take you up on the blog template offer. I'm not ready for another yet, but I have a couple of ideas for sites that I would like to supplement with a blog. Ideally, I'd like to have at least one blog actually on a regular domain via Wordpress. But I've got loads of space with Typepad and the domain mapping is great, so I might just continue with that, in which case a blog template would be really nice.

I'll PM you when I get closer to see if you're still interested.

Thanks!
netadventures

Postby netadventures » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:56 pm

Okay, now that I've read Teli's offer of , I realize that my reply to this thread probably looks weird. I read Teli's post too fast, and when I said I was thinking about taking her up on her offer, I thought she was thinking of offering blog templates for sale!

Hopefully, my post now makes sense :)
netadventures

Postby theuniek1 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:14 am

theuniek1

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming