[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Creating A Site That Is Interactive to create a following... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Creating A Site That Is Interactive to create a following...

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Creating A Site That Is Interactive to create a following...

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:00 am

edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:14 pm

It would be easier to offer advice if you let us know what you want the end result to be. Is this for the project you are no longer considering?

Each of those options is going to require some hands-on work and regular maintenance. If you are just venturing into a market, I would start with a blog powered by WordPress as thats the simplest way to start and begin building a loyal readership and interactive site. You can always expand from there.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

No lynn...but I

Postby edwinnyc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 pm

Lynn,

Yes, you were right this was for the project I was considering, then dropped that project, being that I saw it was going to be much hands on maintainance.

I guess what I am not to keen on is how or rather what are the ways that one can use a blog. Need examples in how it could be used as a stand alone site and as a joint site working with another site as a team.

Anywhere on the sswt forum, I can read up a summary of why and how blogs are being used from a personal to business type of use.

However, I have decided to build a static site for now...but unsure if I will want it to be interactive later.

Can a wordpress be started as a static then make it semi interactive later or no such as thing as semi, once I turn it on to interactive that is it anyone and santa claus can place comments there, is this correct, oh can permission be set as to who comments.... :)

edwin
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:01 pm

You have control over that - you can even make people register to comment, and you can moderate all comments. I prefer not to, and recommend you dont, as it helps make your site interactive. Too many hoops discourages people from taking the time.

Go down to the blogging category here at SSWT and ask to see some examples of blogs and how they are used. I have two I can show you:

http://www.clicknewz.com

http://www.corkitup.com
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Went to corkitup...ok still confused

Postby edwinnyc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 pm

edwinnyc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming