[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do I Put Video on a Website? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do I Put Video on a Website?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How do I Put Video on a Website?

Postby wahmjennie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:09 pm

I have a Windows Media File that I would like to display on my website. I would like to make it appear as a small picture that if clicked on will play the video.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Specific coding would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:55 pm

I'm honestly not sure (hopefully one of the members here can help you with that)... but FYI there is a video marketing workshop tonight:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1029/free-vide ... -workshop/

If you register (its free) you can get the replay after the event too - in case you cant make it live.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cwboaze » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:31 pm

cwboaze

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:51 pm

A quick and easy way is just upload it to you tube, google video, or yahoo video they'll provide the code to embed it to your website so you can just copy paste.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby StarrHorne » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 am

Webzu is right - YouTube or a similar service is your best bet. In addition to being easy, they also serve the video. That means that you're not stuck paying for bandwidth overages if your site becomes popular.
StarrHorne

Postby wahmjennie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 am

Hey thanks everybody!

cwboaze, I did it just as you said and it works great!

Except that the video automatically starts to play when you click to my website.

I made the code changes just as you said, and it's alright if it just starts to play. Not too bad of a thing.

Thanks again,

Jennie
wahmjennie

Postby cwboaze » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:52 pm

your welcome, glad to help out!. if you need customization, pm me. no cost!
cwboaze

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming