[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Low keyword competition • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Low keyword competition

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Low keyword competition

Postby edwinnyc » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 am

Is it ok to start with a keyword phrase that has low competition to get the ball rolling to get positioned then work towards going after more competitive ones, heard a podcast on this not sure about this or what I understood.

I believe the idea is to try to come up quickly on the search engines on 1st top ten pages on keyword with low competition just to start getttin traffic, is this working backwards or a smart move...

Not even quite sure if I am asking the question correctly this morning...goooooooood morninggggggggg world out thereeeeeee....lol Definitely still sleepy........ :?
edwinnyc

Postby James Schramko » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:26 am

James Schramko

So james...

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 pm

Are you saying to optimize for the competitive as well the not so competitive.

If you are optimizing for both, I guess for those not so competitve ones you will come up quicker on the 1st page quicker then the more competitive ones.
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:07 am

Exactly.

You want to use longtail keyword phrases, which means longer less competitive keyword phrases. The key is that there is a shorter phrase *within* that longer phrase, and you optimize for both. And you can have several phrases per page, of course.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: So james...

Postby James Schramko » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 am

James Schramko

ok....and

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:37 pm

now it makes more sense of how to use long tail keywords along with the more competitive ones.

The problem I was having, was just thinking that I should optimize 1st for the less competitive keywords, but just to be safe...!

You are saying optimize for my more competitive one, do not worry about whether I come up on top 10 for these more competitive ones, but also optimize for the long tailed less competitive ones which will get me some top positions in the meanwhile while I work hard to get top 10 for the more competitive.

thanks....starting to get the idea slowly still have a long way to go........... :roll:

:lol: ........Hey a little slow at times, lol....especially when I am tired as I am now.......... :cry:
edwinnyc

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming