[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Best sized photos for clickthroughs on homepage • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Best sized photos for clickthroughs on homepage

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Best sized photos for clickthroughs on homepage

Postby linogial » Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just introduced myself in the newbies section :D, and wanted to visit here and ask your opinion about something.

I'm not sure whether or not the size of the photos on my homepage are effective at getting people to clickthrough to the actual shopping pages, or at letting them know immediately what the site is all about.

Do you think the photo montages are effective, or should I just use product pictures like the ones at the bottom of the homepage to entice people in??

Is it clear to you when you first get to the homepage that the site is a shopping site for gifts and homewares, or do you think it looks more like a site about interior design and how to organise your home?

Cheers,
linogial

Postby linogial » Mon May 31, 2004 5:37 am

linogial

Postby Sandra » Mon May 31, 2004 3:01 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby linogial » Mon May 31, 2004 8:47 pm

linogial

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:11 am

I also think it looks very nice as it is. You might try (and test to see if this compels visitors to click through) linking individual product words. For example, in this paragraph:

"Get illuminated: Shop here to be enchanted by unusual lighting,
candles, and candle holders that will dramatically transform any
room into a cosy, intimate, and magical haven."

- make the words "unusual lighting", "candles" and "candle holders" link to individual product pages.

Thoughts on that?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby linogial » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:36 am

Ahaaa! Thanks Lynn, I hadn't thought of that. I often have a bit of a dilemma when I link through to product pages. I don't know whether to link to the page that simply has the in-depth info and larger picture of that one product on it, or to link to the page that has that product amongst the other 5 products per page.

I always end up thinking that if I just link to the one product and they're not interested, that's when they might click away from the site. But, if they get taken to a general page with the product on it and they're not interested, there's still so much more to look at.

Of course if I link those words that you mentioned in the opening descriptions, I can definitely link them through to the product pages with more images on them, as they're only general words. So I think that's a great idea. Ta! I might give it a go and see what it looks like visually.

Cheers,
linogial

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming