[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help with C Panel • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help with C Panel

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need help with C Panel

Postby susan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:31 am

susan

Postby Deltlake1 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:22 pm

Deltlake1

Re: C Panel

Postby susan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply.

I uploaded everything into my public.html folder.

When I click on the folder another one opens up etc, then another until I get to the html file, so I can edit the template. This is giving me this long url
http://www.cleanairhometips.com/4825/we ... index.html

I know this isn't right, but the folder keep on opening up, I have tried to move them back but they are still actually in public.html.

I don't know if it is just the template as my other website I had no trouble in getting it to work and I uploaded in a zip file. I am hosting at kiosk if this helps.

I tried with one of their templates and have the same problem, when I go into edit and then save the changes do not appear on the template.

If you have any suggestions I would be grateful. I actually started a blog instead for now.

Thanks
Sue
susan

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:06 pm

if you are going to do this type of work, then you need to get a real ftp program and learn how to use it to connect to your server and upload/download files.

using the file manager in your cpanel will eventually corrupt your files.

you should unzip the zip file on your computer.

figure out exactly what folders/files you need for the website and only upload those.

If you want the index.html file for that template, to be your main web page, then do not upload the main folder that has that index.html file in it. upload all the files and folders that are inside it.

that way, the index.html file will be what you get when you access your domain name.

now,
for editing, you can't edit it after you upload it, you have to do your edits before you upload.

( well, I guess if you are trying to use that editor in your cpanel file manager thing, you could, but that is not the best way to do it. )

either get a good web page editor or simply use wordpad or notepad to edit the html files.

then upload them to the server and test.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

C Panel

Postby susan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:08 am

Thanks for the information. Up until now I have been going into cpanel and editing in html format with no problems. I do not use the WYSIWYG thingy. So I guess I will have to rethink what is the best way to do all of this. It was just the newer template I had trouble with.

thanks for your input
Sue
susan

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming