[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - question on learning HTML and web design • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

question on learning HTML and web design

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby robert adams » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:54 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Duane » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:04 am

Glad you mentioned NVU, lynn. I use it and although I know HTML basics, I rarely use my knowledge. NVU is almost as simple as using a word processor.
Duane
Elite Member

Postby kowhai » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:38 am

I my self just teacher nysiself as I go
kowhai

Postby laurie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:27 am

laurie
Elite Member

Postby mom99 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:24 pm

There is a new website building tool coming out on October 9, 2007 which promises an easy way to build websites.

Some of the features: Build professional looking websites in 5 minutes, no html skills required, drag & drop your site to look like you want it, make you sites go live without having to download FTP programs, and much more.

This looks very promising. I have not built a website yet, but I think I will try to do one when this comes out.

You can receive a free newsletter about this (see below). I hope this helps!!
mom99

Postby StarrHorne » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am

Hi there,

I wanted to second the suggestion that you learn html with a regular text editor, or the dreamweaver code view.

If you just use a visual editor, you'll have no clue what to do when things go wrong.

Also, web design has really changed over the past 5 years. So be very suspicious of any tutorials that are older than that.

I would suggest that you get a good book on CSS & semantic HTML. Then just fire up notepad and start playing around.
StarrHorne

Postby James Schramko » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:04 am

James Schramko

Postby SteveJohnson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:21 pm

SteveJohnson

Postby SteveJohnson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 pm

SteveJohnson

Postby robert adams » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:58 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby ChristyK » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 pm

I realize this question was originally asked a while back, but others may come looking for the same info.

I've been trying to become more efficient with CSS and blending it with html and this is now my favorite way of learning. First I get all my education from http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp (their site also has html lessons) and then I get a true understanding by hands on trial and error. => Install the Firebug plugin for Firefox, then go to your current URL - or anyone's site for that matter - and open up Firebug. You can then make changes to your heart's content (or brain's content in this case) and you will see the immediate results of those changes.

I used to visit someone's site and say "how do they do that?". Sure I could have used view source, but now I just open firebug and start 'changing' their code and manipulating their site. Of course, it only changes in your browser and will go back to normal when the page is refreshed.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Previous

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming