[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Email Forwarding - Does it work for you? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Email Forwarding - Does it work for you?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Email Forwarding - Does it work for you?

Postby RussellWebb » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:10 am

I'm not clear on how email forwarding can / should be used. I have a feeling that it may help me though...

I have so many email addresses now... it's cluttering up my email program (mozilla thunderbird). Example, when I open up thunderbird, I have to wait as it cycles through my various email addresses and tells me if I have mail or not. same lengthy time applies for each 'get mail' request.

Can email forwarding be used to consolidate email addresses? Example... to have it all forwarded to one address?
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Maggie » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi, Russell - it should be possible to forward the mail from each email address to one mailbox (ie your google account). I think, though, that you will find that this leaves a copy of the message in your mail folder on the server and you'll have to log in every now and again to empty the mailboxes.

There may be other solutions - hope someone can help you further :)

Margaret
Maggie

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:08 pm

theuniek1

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Just thought about something else, too.

A couple years back, I wrote a series called . Though it's an older post, most of it is still relevant and it may be able to help.

Okay, now I'm off to update that series -- this time, I'll focus more on using profiles and forwarding. ROFL

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby RussellWebb » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Very cool. Thanks Teli...

I had already set up a few profiles, now I'm going to limit the frequency of the 'check mail' on a few of those emails, that's a good tip (in your series, which was quite helpful).

Now if I could just get smart about using my different email addresses.

I tend to use my 'main' address too much. I need to create more disposable addresses that I can use for different tasks.

Does anyone have a quick strategy or outline for how they use there email addresses? Example: If you're doing affiliate marketing, do you have separate email addresses for ea. of your product sites? If so, how many do you usually set up?

In my case I have 3 domains that have different email accts, ea domain has several different addresses. For the most part, we are actively using these addresses, but not very efficiently.

We have plans to launch a few more sites this year. It would help to plan ahead a little and really understand how to work efficiently with email addresses - BTW, how many is too many?

Cheers!
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby RussellWebb » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:25 pm

RussellWebb
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming