[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Google Analytics -- To Use or Not to Use • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google Analytics -- To Use or Not to Use

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Google Analytics -- To Use or Not to Use

Postby tot » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:12 am

What is your opinion of (and/or experience with) Google Analytics?

It bothers me that a third party will potentially have so much information about my site and its visitors.

I already have AW Stats and also ClickTracks.

Your thoughts?
tot
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:43 pm

I've been using GA for a few days and I like it. It will make managing my AdWords campaigns even easier. As to providing Google with too much info, well that comes with the territory. I like it less that the three big credit bureau's have all my financial data which they sell to banks and insurance companies than Google knowing that my web traffic data.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

You'd be surprised

Postby RKramkowski » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:30 pm

They also know a lot about you.

Years ago, there was an expression that on the internet no one knows you are a dog. Well, not only do they know you are a dog, they know you are a brown and white Cocker Spaniel, are three years' old, prefer Purina Puppy Chow to eat, like to chase balls, and peed on your owner's couch yesterday! :P

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby macfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:52 pm

I use GA and like it very much, gives me keyword and search engine data and also how long they stay on the website. Sometimes I think the visitor numbers are screwed, but then again it is run by Google. :?
macfan

Postby LynnWilson » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:34 am

LynnWilson

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming