[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Site Build It! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Site Build It!

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Site Build It!

Postby Tuliper » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Hey all, I recently launched a site using 1&1's Website Builder. I thought a WYSIWYG format would be the way to go for me, since I'm not familiar with computer code. I like the way my site looks, and was able to add some Amazon html links on my "Books" page. As I got ready to drive some traffic to my site using participation on online forums, I tried to add some Google AdSense ads to my site, but was summarily informed by the tech support that this was impossible, since the ads are in JavaScript (even though there's an HTML option on Google? I don't get it). Well, I wasn't able to find a live person to talk to at Google to help me figure this out, and so am left to conclude that my intended primary means of income from my site is out of reach using 1&1.

Surfing the net last week for tips on flattening my abs, I found a great info site by a gal named Lisa who, as it turns out, used a package called Site Build It! () which has an annual fee of $299. It sounds as if this company does a lot more for you than 1&1 does, especially in teaching SEO--35% of their clients are in the top 1% of all search engine rankings. I wanted to know whether anyone else were familiar with this package, what you all thought, and whether you had any ideas for my moving forward.

If you look at my site, you can see that I still need to add a lot of content, but I'm interested in any advice people may have for me.

Thanks!

Sarah

Tuliper

Postby robertlaf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:40 pm

I don't now enough about web building or most things related related to e-commerce to really comment on the web building aspect of it. I signed up as an affiliate on SiteSell, it is free, and I get a discount if I buy it. Ken Evoy is uprfront about that saying many affilaites just sign up to get a discount. .
I thought it was a fantastic product, I have never heard a complaint on it. I was going to buy it but got derailed in work. I read Ken Evoy's free courses and improved my offline business 10%. He not only talks about the net but business principles too.
Here is a great discussion on it though http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... php?t=7719
You get access to the forums if you are an affiliate but you can't post anywhere but in the affilate section.
robertlaf

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:54 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby globalkiwi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi Sarah,
I just tried to view your site but it was unavailable for some reason so can't comment there.

I have however used Site Build It and it is a very good program. It is a lot of work to get the kind of success that they talk about though. You need to be prepared to put in a lot of time and the learning curve is reasonably steep especially for a newbie.

I agree with Lynn, there are much simpler and more affordable options to get you started. One of the keys (I have discovered through trial and error) is having a good system that is simple and that you can follow.

I use a system that is so simple to get up and running that I call it 'paint by numbers'. There is a step by step guide (22 day action plan, free video training etc) on how to market your business online (hugely important) but also how to fund that marketing for free.

If you were willing to spend $299 a year on Site Build it I think you would be very pleased with this system. You can check out for free and with no obligation at the link below.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you every success.

Cheers.... Colin
globalkiwi

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:48 pm

I'm a Site Build It fanboy! I love the product and it is well-worth the investment for an online business. I've been a web designer (professional and freelance) for 9 years now and have been with SBI for over a year. I will never build another web site without it.

When you break down the cost of $299 a year, that's only $25 a month and, with all the included tools, there is no better bargain. :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming