[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - site reviews suggestions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

site reviews suggestions

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Sandra » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:09 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby sgrptch » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:38 am

ok another question...

Should we break it up a bit more so the front page is about the shop, and a link to the locals? A splash page with links to both? I've been trying to promote both equally... but it doesn't fit with what you just said...

Our area is pretty much unknown, if you google Nucla you will find a bunch of those generic websites, an occasional site where there is a page or two about us... we don't really exist (in fact you won't find us on many maps)
sgrptch

Postby Sandra » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:33 pm

So are you trying to focus on online sales? Or both?

Here is an example of a site that does both...

http://www.accentpottery.com

I wouldn't make a splash page.
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby sgrptch » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:35 pm

sgrptch

Postby AaronC » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:01 pm

Some thoughts:

The falling hearts are ok. Altho they do link to dynamicdrive or someplace else. Might be a good idea to change that. Also, you might want to add an alt tag if you can. That helps search engine ranking.

The font that says "Spring is just around the corner" is too dithered. I would re-do that in photoshop or something if I was you. The color scheme is good.

I might add a cellpadding or spacing, or something... to the main table, it goes too far left (it's flush with the menu).

Add a "member's login" to the menu on the left?

What' that "tag me" thing?

And changing the scripts... yea, a LOT of programmers have no spelling skills =).
AaronC

Postby sgrptch » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:31 am

sgrptch

Postby Sandra » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:31 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby sgrptch » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:41 pm

Ok, I think I got all of it fixed??? Anything else?
sgrptch

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:44 pm

It looks very nice! I'll have to spend a little time on it when I return from my trip for any other details, but I'm impressed with the changes/additions on the main pages... Well done ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sgrptch » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:54 pm

*blush* Thank you!

One question, I have been working on feeling out the pages a bit more and have to admit, the links pages and local information pages even have me confused....

Any ideas?

Consilidate all links into one page, even local?

I was trying to divide up a bit... but it seems like I am duplicating a lot of information...
sgrptch

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sgrptch » Wed May 12, 2004 12:09 pm

sgrptch

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 12, 2004 12:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming