[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Code for Copyright dates on your webpages • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Code for Copyright dates on your webpages

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Code for Copyright dates on your webpages

Postby Rose » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Robert Townes on the Anthony Blake forum posted this little tidbit on adding javascript code to the bottom of your pages to have them update your copyright notice each year. Not sure how many read that forum, so I thought I'd post the information here too.

The only change I made in the code was to add my original start date, so that it would read Copyright 2000 - 2004.

You can get the code at the url below and it's free. Just copy and paste it where you want the copyright notice to show up. Oh, and don't forget to change the URL to your website URL.

http://www.thailandtips.com/tips/yearcode.htm

Then, all I did was add 2000 - after the word Copyright (in the document.write section) and before the '+year+' and it worked fine. It shows up as Copyright 2000 - 2004 etc... The 2000 stays static, the 2004 will change each year.

Once you add it to all your webpages, you won't have to update the copyright dates on all of your pages every new year. Considering I have several websites with loads of pages, this is a HUGE timesaver. (I like to keep my copyright dates up-to-date on my sites...it shows people that I'm actually alive and working on them :wink: )

Now...onto the copying and pasting... :?
Rose
Elite Member

Postby fast-pack.com » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:49 pm

Thanks for the great link! Very helpful! Will be put to good use!
fast-pack.com

Postby Al Smith » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:31 pm

Diddo the Thanks Rose. This is a great idea.

Al Smith
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby nsusa » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:03 pm

nsusa

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming