[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Make a site like this? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Make a site like this?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to Make a site like this?

Postby Michael b » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:12 am

I was surfing the web earlier and came across this website and have seen others like it and was wondering how they are made and how they get the ads by google logo off the bottom. The link

http://www.acrylicwineglasses.com/

Are these sites legal? I don't really see any content there and with the google ad modified i figured it would be against policy. Also noticed they have no back links so what would they do to promote this?

Thanks
Michael b

Postby americanwahm » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:57 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:11 pm

I know that Google makes special concessions for their larger AdSense earners (though they may not openly admit it). Also, certain ad blocks do not have the 'ads by Google' because of their size. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but a Google search may yield some answers.

Taking a quick look at the code, it appears that there is tracking code attached to each of the Google ads on the page and this may be something they worked out with Google. I'm sure Sedo makes Google a huge chunk of change each month, so they've probably earned the right to these special privileges. LOL

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Michael b » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Ahh. It would be cool to make a site similar under a particular niche its too bad it may not be possible.. lol..

I'll check to see what the largest blocks deliver.

Thanks for both of your answers :)
Michael b

Postby Bina Omar » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Hi Michael,

Sedo.com is probably an Adsense Premium Publisher.

I read somewhere that Google has a premium Adsense service for websites
that receive more than 5 million search queries, or 20 million content page
views per month.

One of the perks of being a premium publisher is that you can remove the
"Ads by Google" tagline. Plus you have more flexible adsense ad formats.
You can change the font type and size etc.

I've seen many of these ads and they're really impressive. Because they
have more flexibility in the design of the ads, it REALLY integrates into the
site and you hardly notice that it's an ad.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:19 pm

I have few domains for sale on sedo and nowhere does it say google ads. You can example

Premium adsense account has it's perks for Sedo. :lol:
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Ahh very cool. Thanks for the input everyone.
Michael b

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming