[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How can I get my website viewed better by different browsers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How can I get my website viewed better by different browsers

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How can I get my website viewed better by different browsers

Postby frog » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:11 pm

frog

Postby robert adams » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:34 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Frog,
In order for a website to be compatible across a number of borders, you must first understand .

The reason I suggest that is so you are able to look directly in the source code, understand what it means, and correct the obvious errors, of which there are many.

shows there are quite a few (132) errors, some of which are serious, that may cause your page to look bad, not only on Firefox, but also a number of non-IE browsers.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby geraelindsey » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Run your site through . It will show you:

- HTML errors
- spelling errors
- page loading times
- browser compatibility issues

and tell you what to fix. You can then go in and manually fix the errors in FrontPage.

If you are new to HTML, NetMechanic.com is a good start because they explain things in pretty plain English :)
geraelindsey

Postby Bina Omar » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:37 am

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Thanks for the feedback

Postby frog » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:23 pm

frog

Postby faith » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:42 pm

I concur, FrontPage is not the best way to design and/or code a website. I think the only thing worse is MS Word. Oh wait, FrontPage is a decent css editor.

Dreamweaver is my best friend, but it definitely has a learning curve. I was a hand-coder by nature and training, but because a business I was designing for wanted Dreamweaver, I had to start using it. Now I use nothing else. I can hand-code in it just as easily as using it's WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. I find I use both. It also has a tool to clean up a lot of the MS only codes.

Here's where I got my start back in the dark ages when this site was a little more light hearted and not so straight to the point. http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/getting_started/ It contains good, solid, html tutorials in a non-programmer, easy to read, format.
faith

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming