[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - confused by my domains please help • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

confused by my domains please help

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

confused by my domains please help

Postby Michael b » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Michael b

Postby Michael b » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Michael b

Postby theuniek1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:34 pm

theuniek1

Postby Michael b » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:38 pm

So you do this on all of your websites no matter what just in case people try to get into the site with or without the www.?

And even if there is not a problem, putting this in the website would not hurt anything?

One last question the code you provided it does vice versa right? For instance it would send people to either www or without whichever one then become the same?

thanks
Michael b

Postby theuniek1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:14 pm

theuniek1

Postby Michael b » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Michael b

Postby theuniek1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:04 pm

theuniek1

Postby mystery777 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Ok Teli, I'm kindda experiencing the same prob here... I started a thread about it here:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... highlight=

and Lynn pointed me to this post...

The prob is in my blogger blog..... I always thought that the default for blogger blogs, is without the www. as in my blog:

http://mystic-pandemonium.blogspot.com

which has a pagerank of 3... I always promote the link without the www. in every advertising/marketing I use.... articles, signatures, inbound links...etc...however when I add the www. to the url, I have no pagerank.... do I do the same as you suggested to Michael, and what do you suggest the default url should be?
mystery777

Postby mrLenin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 am

Hmm, theuniek1 thanks a lot, seems I will be able to resolve my similar problem. :)
mrLenin

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Mystery,
You may not like my answer too much. With a Blogger blog, you have very limited control over what you can and cannot do in terms of server side scripting. In order to use the methods I've outlined above, you need to have your own host running Apache with mod_rewrite enabled.

My best advice is to, simply, link to the non-www version of the blog. The non-www version is standard for subdomains, otherwise it would become redundant (i.e. www would be a subdomain of the subdomain). Most people will automatically link to the non-www version of a Blogger blog anyway.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

MrLenin, glad I could help you resolve a similar problem. :)

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming