[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Good Web Programming (HTML) books? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Good Web Programming (HTML) books?

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Good Web Programming (HTML) books?

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:56 am

Good morning!

The website that I have right now is being powered by GoDaddy's Website tonite. Although I like GoDaddy's telephone support, I'm starting to feel limited by the capabilities of the program. If there is a way to do landing pages and exit pop-ups in the program, please let me know.

I used to work as an accountant, so I know nothing about web programming, except a very few commands in HTML that I've been able to pick up for basic text formatting (bold, underline, italic, etc. LOL!)

I may be going to Barnes & Noble and poring over computer texts in the cafe sometime soon.

Can anyone recommend to me a few basic books that I should look at when I go there?

I want to be able to do the following:

1. Create a landing page.

2. Create an exit-pop up with an opt-in

3. Learn how to set up a website myself on a website that is hosted by Godaddy, but not necessarily using Website tonight, while keeping the same "look and feel" of the web template that I've got. You can see the web template that I'm using at

And like I said, I know almost nothing about web programming, but I need to learn this stuff.

Thanks!
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Postby ChristyK » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:43 pm

I'm also an ex-accountant and I taught myself html couple years ago using the Visual series of books. It was a different version of either this one: http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-Vi ... F8&s=books or this one: http://www.amazon.com/Creating-Web-Page ... 27-1283313 (I think the latter) Check them out at he bookstore (or see if you library has them).

There are a lot of good free online sites with html and css tutorials like Tizag. Search this forum for 'tutorials' and you may find a recent list.

Good luck! You can do it!

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming