This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Standard HTML integration in SBI websites

Designing your own website? Need help? Ask your questions and share your favorite resources here... Tables, Forms, Color Scheme & Layout, Scripts, Programs & Resources

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Standard HTML integration in SBI websites

Postby flensborg » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:32 pm

Hi,

I've been given the rare opportunity to beta test the upcoming HTML-features of Site BuildIt.

In short these new features, that are not yet available to SBI owners will allow you to use your HTML-editor of choice for your design, and then upload the pages to your SBI website afterwards.

I only have one HTML-editor that I will be using for my testing (FrontPage), but I was thinking that some of you might like to have tested a special feature from your favorite HTML-editor before deciding to go with an SBI website - or you are already an SBI owner and would like to test some pages NOW instead of when it gets generally available.

Besides being able to upload standard HTML documents, this new SBI feature will allow the following filetypes:

Image files
    .gif
    .jpg
    .png
    Media files
    .mpg
    .qt
    .avi
    .rm
    .mp3
    .wmf
    Support files
    .js
    .css
    .swf
    .pdf

So if you would like for me to test some of this out for you send me an email with all the needed files attached and I will test-upload them to my own SBI domain.

I promised Sitesell to get back quickly with my findings, so you must act fast if you would like me to test something for you.
flensborg

Postby mtor » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:24 pm

What exactly is SBI?
mtor

SBI is...

Postby flensborg » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:49 pm

mtor wrote:What exactly is SBI?

Hi Brian,

SBI is short for Site BuildIt - a website/hosting concept developed by Ken Evoy and Sitesell.com.

It's a way for businessowners to have a website that they can add content to without knowing any HTML at all, or maintain a newsletter in both HTML and plaintext formats without knowing anything about forms-management, listservers, mail gateways, automatically maintained archive of past issues, anti-spam pre-screening and subscriber management.

It's also a way to take care of making search engine friendly pages, submitting then to the search engines, keeping track of when you are spidered, and included in the index, and possible resubmit if it seems that a search engine has 'forgotten' to pay the page a visit.

It's also a way to track how people find your pages in the search engines, and the tools to track how well your inbound links (from advertising) and outbound links (to order-pages or affiliate programs) perform without knowing anything about how to install tracking scripts on your server.

It's also a very neat keyword research tool that helps you target the most profitable keywords in your niche instead of going after the all too popular terms, that are so hard to obtain good rankings for.

It will be a place where you can sell your own electronic goods or establish your own affiliate programs, but these features are not ready to be launched yet.

There are several SBI owners roaming Lynn's place that can probably fill in the blanks for whatever I forgot at this late hour.
flensborg

Hi Hendrik

Postby James Mann » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:21 pm

I have been using SBI since the start of the new year and can't wait to have the option to use DreamWeaver.

I have had a really hard time when pasting code, it never looks the way it should.

I have created my beaconebooks.com web site totally with SBI.

It has forced me to use proper keywords and I am happy with that but have felt so limited.
James Mann

About The Keyword Research Tool ...

Postby Sharon & Roy » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:22 pm

Flensborg wrote:It's also a very neat keyword research tool that helps you target the most profitable keywords in your niche instead of going after the all too popular terms, that are so hard to obtain good rankings for.

Hi Henrik,

Just wanted to chime in and pick your brain a bit and ask what your opinion is of the keyword research tool you mention?

How does it compare to Wordtracker?

How does it acquire its results ... By that we mean does it have its own database or does it use the database of a third party and if so which one?

In other words, any insight as to how the data from this tool is acquired and ranked is what we are asking, like does it give an average of daily searches (or monthly searches) Web wide or by specific search sites, like the Overture Keyword Tool for example?

Henrik, thanks for any insight on this that you are able to share.

Also, we're wondering about your URL in your Signature File ... Why do you have it capitalized? Is there a specific reason for that? Thanks!

Your Friends,

Sharon & Roy
Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

SBI

Postby Alex in NC » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:06 pm

So am I to understand that SBI is sort of like going from DOS to Windows, but you are somewhat limited in the features you are able to use.
I think my techie knowledge is showing :oops: or lack there of. LOL

Alex
Alex in NC

Postby Cate » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:51 am

Henrik,

How is the SBI HTML editor beta testing going?

Just read your info about blogging in the "Tips and Techniques" section of Sitecentral and said "Hey! I know that guy Henrik!"

:-)

Have a great day--

:shock: :shock: Cate
Cate

Postby flensborg » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:23 am

Cate wrote:Henrik,

How is the SBI HTML editor beta testing going?

I only briefly tested it before I had to go to London on a course which is where I am right now.

I'm not home before late friday night, where I can continue my testing.
Just read your info about blogging in the "Tips and Techniques" section of Sitecentral and said "Hey! I know that guy Henrik!"
:-)

Am I famous now 8) :)
flensborg

Postby Cate » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:04 pm

Henrik,

Of course you are famous!

And of course I am insanely jealous that you're in London, one of my favorite places on earth. Well, parts of it, anyway.

I need to find a course in London that someone will pay me to attend. Last time I was there it was to see a boyfriend. No longer an option for me! :wink:

Good luck, study hard, have a safe trip home, and then get back to your beta!

:shock: :wink: :lol:
Cate

London was Kewl, exciting, vibrant and sunny :-))

Postby flensborg » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:02 am

Cate wrote:Henrik,

Of course you are famous!

Kewl 8)
Good luck, study hard, have a safe trip home, and then get back to your beta!

The course went well, the trip home was without any delays or misplaced luggage, but sadly I couldn't complete my beta testing - Ken beat me to it and just launched it to all SBI owners a few hours ago.

So now all SBI owners will be able to upload 'homemade' HTML files, have then SEO-analyzed, queued up for submission to the search engines, and monitored for spidering/inclusion/ranking.
flensborg

Good morning Henrik...

Postby James Mann » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:15 am

Glad to hear your trip ended and you still had some clothes left.

I just got an email from Dr. Ken Evoy. I have been waiting patiently and
now I am going to see how it all came together.

I am excited.

I will come back and leave a message for you after I have done some
web site updates.
James Mann

Postby Cate » Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:04 am

Okay, Henrik, after you get over your travel fatigue and spend some time with the wife and kiddos, we're all anxious to hear...

...what you think about the new SBI HTML compatibility.

Because after all, you ARE famous. 8)

Maybe someday RICH and famous?

:shock: :shock: Cate
Cate

Postby majidpucit123 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 am

yes glad to know in detail about SBI. i was also expecting that one..
majidpucit123

Postby amery buck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:45 am

I have been using SBI since the start of the new year and can't wait to have the option to use DreamWeaver.

I have had a really hard time when pasting code, it never looks the way it should.

I have created my beaconebooks.com web site totally with SBI.

It has forced me to use proper keywords and I am happy with that but have felt so limited.

Yeah I am also waiting for support of dreamweaver. The SBI rocks. I am build always one of my site with SBI. Its really very beneficial tool.
amery buck

Html pages to pdf convertor

Postby jonhmardona » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Hello Mates,
Need your help/knowledge. I need to convert html pages to pdf document. I have tried html2pdf library but the formatting is very bad. I couldn't yet make dompdf library to work. I am looking for any opensource library which can convert html pages to pdf by keeping atleast 98% of the formatting (css/html). Any suggestion would be great help. Thank you.
jonhmardona

Next

Return to HTML, Web Design & Programming